“Always a good steak at R C” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ruth’s Chris Steak House

Ruth’s Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth’s Chris Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,983 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Flagler
Union, New Jersey
“Always a good steak at R C”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Dined here on Sept 7th while visiting the area. Had reservations for 7 pm and no wait. Food was delicious except they started adding fennel to the strawberry and goat cheese salad (I hate fennel but was able to just pick it out) Jeremy was our waiter and he was attentive and friendly. I have also been to R C in Parsippany NJ a few times and I have never had a bad meal. We usually go for the pre-fixe specials. Looking out on the Jacksonville waterfront was a nice touch.

• Visited September 2013

• Turkish first
south Georgia
“It is good but pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

The meal here is good but not as good as Marie Livingston's in Tallahassee and the price is much less. When you come here you want various things on the menu but you make compromises for other choices because the place is just plain pricey. They could have much more frequent visits from couples if it was more reasonable. As it is, dinner has to be reserved for special occasions.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jacksonville, Florida
“Happy hour makes me really happy here.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have not had dinner here but I like their happy hour. On various visits i have had the sliders, the beef skewers and the ahi tuna: all excellent. I get the blueberry mojito and it goes down real easy and blueberries are good for you, right? The bartenders are a mixed back. Some of them could be friendlier. I really, really dislike not being acknowledged right away when I sit at a bar. If you are "in the weeds" is it too much to ask for a "hello, I'll be right with you"?Other than this I'd give an excellent rating instead of just very good.

Visited September 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“A wonderful date night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went here on a date night away from our two toddlers. We went on August 23 and the restaurant was really crowded. We had no reservations, but they still offered to seat us with a 30-45 min wait, or eat in the lounge, which was the bar. So we took our chances with the lounge. It was nice, dark mood lighting, soft music, and a fantastic waiting staff. The were so attentive with everything, it was so nice. I had the filet, which was awesome and my husband had the ribeye, which he liked. The cream spinach was the best I've ever had. When we got the bill it was $142 with two glasses of wine, two steaks, and two sides and some other drinks. I think it was worth it for a excellent chain restaurant, and we've been to the Ruth Chris in Philadelphia and Cancun.

• Visited August 2013
Jacksonville, Florida, Usa
“Great steaks, nice view, but really overpriced.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

If there was a rating between average and very good that's what I'd rate Ruth's Chris in Jacksonville. There are a lot of nice things to say about this restaurant and my most recent visit where we celebrated my birthday; the view of the river is really nice with a great shot of the Main Street bridge that lights up in a beautiful indigo at night; the service is very attentive and friendly; and the steaks are outstanding served on a 500 degree sizzling plate.

On the negative side, other than the steaks the rest of the meal was good, but nothing that comes close to justifying the really expensive prices. The side dishes are all served a la carte and were ok. Likewise, the desserts were good, but not the quality I'd expect for the prices.

If celebrating a special occasion they go out of their way to make you feel special - the table was decorated with birthday confetti and a card and all of the wait staff wished me a happy birthday which was very nice. Overall, it was a nice experience, but I've definitely spent less money and had a much better meal.

• Visited August 2013