“THE BEST Steak Ever”

Ruth’s Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth’s Chris Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,995 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Flagler
Jacksonville, Florida
“THE BEST Steak Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I dined here to celebrate our dating anniversary and came on a Wednesday night. We arrived 10 min early for our 7pm reservation, but we still got seated right away. We got a table right by a window, so we enjoyed a beautiful view of the river and downtown Jax. The service was impeccable from beginning to end and the restaurant was beautiful. The food was absolutely amazing! We had bread fresh from the oven and whipped butter while we enjoyed our drinks. You don't feel rushed at all. The staff was so attentive and pleasant too. Next, we had a ceasar salad which was great and then the porterhouse for two with a lobster tail and a baked potato. The steak was cooked to perfection, it was the best I've eaten yet! The lobster was just as delicious and seasoned nicely. We ended our meal with the apple tart with ice-cream and enjoyed it very much. It was a perfect evening celebrating a special occasion with my new husband!

• Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

The food and service here were incredible and just beyond words. I ordered stuffed chicken breast and it was the best chicken I've had in a very long time. Our server was also incredibly good. A bit strange that this restaurant is in a Ramada hotel but don't let that keep you away.

Tampa, Florida
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I visited Ruth Chris in Tampa and I was not amazed with the food. After visiting the Jacksonville location my piece perception has changed. The food was delicious. Three wait staff worked in teams and was very attentive to the needs of all customers. Overall it was a very good dining experience.

Regina, Canada
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Overall it was very good. The steak was a bit on the salty side, but otherwise everything was good. The service was unintrusive, but consistent. Never lacked for anything.

St. Augustine, Florida
“Pleased”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We dined here Friday night, 6:45 via opentable reservation. We all had the combination which included a starter, a side and dessert for around $55. I had the Gumbo, which came with a little pillar of rice and it was quite delicious. My entree was the small filet, lobster tail and shrimp. The shrimp were wonderful, perfectly cooked and sitting atop a tomato slice. The lobster was fine and the steak was good. Only complaint: I did order it medium rare and it was definitely medium. The server offered to change it when she saw me cut into it, but I declined. Interestingly, two other people in my party ordered larger steaks at medium, and they both came out medium rare. (So perhaps the server entered it incorrectly, considering they were switched? Just a thought.) Nevertheless, we all ate our steaks as they were and still enjoyed them. I tried my friend's creamed spinach and wished I had ordered that instead of the mashed potatoes, which I felt were quite bland. ( I make better Mashed potatoes that those.) I didn't eat any bread but they all said it was good. We had two bottles of Merlot ($60 ea) and quite enjoyed them. It was my boyfriend's birthday, so they wrote "Happy birthday, Zach" on the dessert plate with a lit candle. They sprinkled birthday confetti on the table and even had a Happy Birthday card for him. It's the little touches that make a visit special. Pros: river view, birthday touches, impeccable service. Cons: our steaks weren't as ordered, (but still delic!) And I wish it were a little more darkly lit. It's quite well lit, perhaps due to the full windows around the water.

1 Thank cameron c