“Pleased”

Ruth’s Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth’s Chris Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 2,151 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Flagler
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We dined here Friday night, 6:45 via opentable reservation. We all had the combination which included a starter, a side and dessert for around $55. I had the Gumbo, which came with a little pillar of rice and it was quite delicious. My entree was the small filet, lobster tail and shrimp. The shrimp were wonderful, perfectly cooked and sitting atop a tomato slice. The lobster was fine and the steak was good. Only complaint: I did order it medium rare and it was definitely medium. The server offered to change it when she saw me cut into it, but I declined. Interestingly, two other people in my party ordered larger steaks at medium, and they both came out medium rare. (So perhaps the server entered it incorrectly, considering they were switched? Just a thought.) Nevertheless, we all ate our steaks as they were and still enjoyed them. I tried my friend's creamed spinach and wished I had ordered that instead of the mashed potatoes, which I felt were quite bland. ( I make better Mashed potatoes that those.) I didn't eat any bread but they all said it was good. We had two bottles of Merlot ($60 ea) and quite enjoyed them. It was my boyfriend's birthday, so they wrote "Happy birthday, Zach" on the dessert plate with a lit candle. They sprinkled birthday confetti on the table and even had a Happy Birthday card for him. It's the little touches that make a visit special. Pros: river view, birthday touches, impeccable service. Cons: our steaks weren't as ordered, (but still delic!) And I wish it were a little more darkly lit. It's quite well lit, perhaps due to the full windows around the water.

1  Thank cameron c

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I really enjoy Ruth's simply because it is the same quality food anywhere you go. Been to this location a number of times. The view is perfect - located in the back of the Crowne on the water. At night, when the famous blue bridge is all lit up, it really provides a beautiful view of Jacksonville. Note: if you do not like your steak all buttered up - be sure to let your waiter know. The cuts are wonderful but their signature is to basically dowse everything in butter. Also, forget about desert - the Sweet Potato Casserole is AMAZING. And portions are definitely made to share so make sure you don't get two or three things just for yourself (unless you like leftovers...which isnt always a bad thing).

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I'm not telling anything that's not common knowledge; it doesn't get much better than RCSH, here or anyplace else. Great meat selections cooked to perfection, great ambiance, fine wines and, my fav, single malt scotches!
On the river in the River City; prime real estate, of course!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Ruth's Chris doesn't need a whole lot of introduction, but I'll just add my praises by saying it's the home of the best steak I've ever had. The sides and desserts are great too (I'm partial to garlic mashed potatoes and cheesecake), but the steaks practically melt in your mouth. It's definitely not a place you'll want to visit often because of the prices, but it makes a great place to go for really special occasions. The service is top-notch, which is what you should expect with the price you pay, and the restaurant overlooks to St. John's River and provides great views of the city.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Ruth's Chris has always been one of mine and my husband's favorite fine dining restaurant in Jacksonville. The way they broil the steaks is absolutely amazing! I highly recommend the crab cakes and au gratin potatoes. The potatoes are possibly the best I have ever tasted. I am a huge fan of their ribeye steak and their creme brulee. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!