“Second time was the charm for me, as well”

Ruth’s Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth’s Chris Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 2,069 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Flagler
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I, as Mat S, was also very reluctant to try out Ruth's Chris again. Several years ago, my then boyfriend and I went there for a nice, quiet dinner. Our choice had always been Chart House, but we had a gift card and decided to give it a try. My fiancee's brother was in town and they love the restaurant, so we all went one night. As I don't eat meat and wasn't very hungry, I had the crab stuffed ravioli appetizer as my entree. I couldn't believe how good it was. I actually wanted more!

According to the other members of our party, their steak was great, as always. :)

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Upon my wife's return from Afghanistan and Spring Break 2013 Jacksonville 2 says away I wanted a special place for a dinner. I choose Ruth Chris Jacksonville (Water Front). The appetizers and meal followed by deserts were spectacular as usual. The entire staff from sitting to waitress to servers were true professionals. My wife , daughter (10) and I enjoyed everything on this special night. We will be back soon!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

A group of 5 friends have gotten together here every year for four years now, and have never been disappointed. Service at the bar and in the dining room has always been very good, drinks and food excellent, with prices to match, but we keep coming back. Recommended for any special occasion. It's billed as a steakhouse, but I've had steak, lamb, and once just an excellent Caesar salad. One of the rare restaurants where I wouldn't hesitate to order anything offered.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Just came back from celebrating the wife's birthday. This is my wifes favorite restaurant also. She always orders the Lamb chops. The best this side of Australia. I had the main lobster. You can't hardly mess up main lobster but Ruth's also takes it out of the shell and provides you with your own butter warmer. Don't forget their appetizers. Terrific! A little pricy but well worth it.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Having gone to the Ruth's Chris at the beach after is had just opened nearly 12 years ago and being thoroughly disappointed, I was reluctant to give such a high priced restaurant another chance, but we were very glad we did. The service was fantastic and the food was unbelievable. They say you get what you pay for and we certainly did. Although it was not cheap by any means, it was definitely worth it.
We will be visited again.