“Big disappointment”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We often have Sunday lunch at Mitchell's and have enjoyed their seafood over a several year period. Today our son took us there for Father's Day, and we were embarrassed that we had suggested Mitchell's. The first shock was that they raised lunch prices on the average about ten dollars an entree on their special Father's Daylunch menu. Whereas salmon is normally about $13-14 for lunch, today it was $22 plus. To compound the disappointment, my salmon was undercooked and I ate only half. The service was spotty at best. They were handing out $15 gift certificates for future dinners, and we threw ours away. There are many restaurants at the Town Center in Jacksonville where Mitchell's is located, and we'll definitely give other venues our business in the future.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Mitchell's Fish Market is one of our families favorite restaurants in Jacksonville Florida. The meals are always prepared beautifully, and the service is always wonderful! If you are in the mood for a lovely seafood lunch or dinner this is a restaurant that you should choose. Their mussels are especially good, and the bar makes great cocktails and sangria!

1  Thank dajawor48
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I should have known better when we entered Mitchell's at 7:30pm and saw nobody sitting at the bar and only a handful of diners at the tables. This truly was one of my favorite restaurants when visiting Jacksonville on business. The high-level energy made this place great as huge numbers of after-work parties joined in the revelry, slamming down martinis and oyster shooters. Sorry...that show is over. Yesterday's experience began with us walking into a terribly cold room...(seriously, it had to be 60 degrees!). Then, one of my pet peeves....short drinks in tall glasses.....please don't serve me an 8oz martini in a 12oz glass! (I don't know the exact measurements, but the drinks were either overfilled with ice or, in the case of a straighup martini, only 3/4 filled. If a restaurant is going to be so zealous about measuring out their pours, then please buy yourselves some glasses that fit the pour. Oysters and shrimp cocktail were delicious...no complaint there, but the crab cake was terrible...mushy, watery and just plain not good. Clam Chowder was too bland, milky and improved only after I added a heavy dose of salt, tabasco and squeeze of lemon....and then it tasted like milk and potatoes with salt, tabasco and lemon. I have to say that our server (the bartender) did everything she could to improve our evening, including taking the crab cake off the tab. She was a gem.

Sorry Mitchell's...I may stop in for a beer and some oysters, but I won't be bringing back any guests. There are some truly amazing seafood restaurants in the JAX area, but Mitchell's is no longer one of them.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

My wife and I went for Easter dinner this year and we were completely DISAPPOINTED!!! The recommended appetizer (crab dip) was FISHY and disgusting!!! I have tasted better at lesser restaurants. WE were given approximately 10 tortilla chips to go with this dip and I asked for a bit more. The waitress told me that they were not allowed to give more (and did not even suggest an upcharge)!!! The gumbo was TERRIBLE and the rice was HARD (very crunchy)!!! The stuffed sea bass was just okay and I enjoyed the shark fin pie.

I will not return to this restaurant again. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone. Please SAVE your money. They are overpriced! Red Lobster is better than this place!!!

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Most of the fish is fresh, the waitress tells you what is the latest they received. There is a list of fishes and options of preparations so you can easily customize what you want to eat. Good selection of wines. Very good service. I also like the ambience a lot, feels comfortable and noise level is good enough to have a conversation.