“Our new go-to restaurant.”

Mitchell's Fish Market - Jacksonville
Ranked #156 of 2,090 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We were looking for a good restaurant near an area where we will be intermittently. Friends recommended Mitchell's and we are glad they did. The food is superb. I had the fix-price three course meal at only $29. it consisted of robust seafood gumbo, 1 1/4 pounds of the most succulent lobster ever, and a huge slice of rich snickers pie. It was accompanied by asparagus and warm sourdough bread. For same price, my partner had a big cut of yellowfin tuna with grilled scallops, Caesar salad and crime brûlée. He said each course was more delicious than the one before. Every food item was creatively prepared with what we considered just the right amount of seasoning. Honestly, we do not know how such fine food was served at such reasonable costs since it seemed that no expense was spared in preparation. The staff were both helpful and pleasant. Follow their suggestions.
Mitchell's can be a bit hard to find since it is inside a big mall complex, but just head for the big restaurant signs and you will get there. Keep in mind is that the restaurant does have valet parking so no need to drive around looking for parking.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We met friends here for dinner and it was very good. We ordered from the fresh fish selections. You can choose how it is prepared. Mine was Asian influenced with wilted spinach. A nice place for fresh fish if you are in the area.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went to Mitchells Fish Market, with friends, to celebrate a birthday. This is "suppose" to be an upscale restaurant and the prices are that of an upscale restaurant, however, I've had better service and better food at low budget restaurants. It took forever to place our order and then an additional hour+ to get our food! Keep in mind there were open tables so not that busy. One of our friends had to leave and asked for the manager. The manager was extremly rude and said the order was just placed. Not true, our friend had just received a phone call when the waitress came to take our orders so he was able to double check the true time the order was placed. On top of that, when we actually received the food there was a long hair under one of the orders of fish and the food itself was disappointing.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

They're trying hard, I'll give them that. This is clearly an upscale restaurant that is willing to cater to people with a little more money to burn. But they served me anyway. ;)

I saw that there were loads of businesspeople here running up expense accounts at tables, but ample bar seating if you go solo. The fish and chips were probably not the best order, since how can you screw up something deep-fried? But they had some really nice looking entrees, with lots of varied sauces/preparation styles if you're a foodie.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

My wife and I both are seafood enthusiast and we discovered Mitchell’s a year or so ago while visiting the Town Center Shopping Area. Being a mussel connoisseur that I am, I of course ordered the mussels which were perfect. They were served in a light garlic butter sauce sprinkled with crotons and cheese. Wife had fish which was just as good as the mussels, lightly battered and fried, just the way she likes it. Service was great and prices were comfortable. I think it could be a little costly for a family night out, especially if you have a large family. We go back every few months.