“good - not great”

Mitchell's Fish Market - Jacksonville
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market - Jacksonville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #152 of 2,048 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Everything was good here: service was friendly and efficient. The hostess seated us with big smiles and a genuine, warm welcome - that is a nice way to begin a meal. Food was good and atmoshere were good. The prices are a bit steep - to be honest, if I am paying $22. - 30. per entree with no salad included, I would like service, atmosphere and food to all be a cut above.

There are newer reviews for Mitchell's Fish Market - Jacksonville

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Have eaten here 5 or 6 times and would go back again and again. Drinks are a little pricey and the wine pours tend to vary by the bartender. Wait staff is always polite. Have gotten the crab legs several times and loved them! Good for a special occasion. Menu has decent variety if someone in the party doesn't want seafood.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had Easter Brunch here. We had a reservation for noon, but we arrived half an hour earlier and they were able to seat us right away. There were two large groups dining while we were there, and it seemed that the staff handled them well. I ordered the Seafood Trio, but being allergic to scallops, I asked if they could subsitute it for another fish. They were able to do so with cod without any upcharge. I also ordered a ceasar salad, which was a generous helping. My friend ordered the Lobster Celebration, a three-course meal starting at $21.99. She was very pleased with her lobster and shrimp cakes. The waiter brought her a second serving of the clam chowder when he noticed that the first one he brought was not hot enough. I was impressed by this level of customer service. I would definitely come back here again.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

we go so often to Mitchell's Fish Market. we can almost always get a table and have enjoyed private dinners in a private room. always enjoy their elderberry martini, the sourdough bread, the ever-changing west and east coast oyster selections. this time we went on good friday, after all, one must eat fish on that day.

curtis was our star waiter and he made it a special dinner, with attentive care and great recommendations. let the restaurant be a part of the excellent capitol grill group, you are welcomed like the owner is at the door. the private booth seating, about half of all seats, adds to the private setting.

service is crisp, dinner is superb, we are mitchell maniacs!

1  Thank walthervliegen
Reviewed March 17, 2013

After shopping in St Johns Town Center, we selected Mitchell's for dinner. The food was incredibly salty, which is typical for chain restaurants, but this was bad. The New Orleans gumbo was tasty, but, again, far too salty. Our entries had pasta and it was obvious that the pasta was cooked far in advance and left to sit in a bowl, thus congealing to a semi-solid lump. My dish had shrimp scampi dumped on top of the cold pasta and the shrimp were under-cooked. All-in-all, not a good meal.