“Great location, friendly staff, not so great food.”

Mitchell's Fish Market - Jacksonville
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market - Jacksonville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #157 of 2,075 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We chose to celebrate a friends Bithday at Mitchell's due in part to the location at The Town Center Mall. They printed our friends name on the menus placed at our table, making note of the fact that it was her Birthday. That was a REALLY nice touch! However, the restaurant is a little on the pricy side and I expected the food to be much better. I ordered crab legs, which were over done. I didn't see our waiter for a while so I just ate what I could get out of the shell and drowned it in butter. However, my baked potatoe and my husbands, were both so hard that neither one of us could eat them. I mentioned it to the waiter, but he didn't really say or do anything about it. I think the manager should have at least apologized. Overall, the staff was friendly and they offer a pre-fixe menu, which is a great option if your on a budget, but I probably won't go back.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We ate lunch on the patio and enjoyed the atmosphere and the server. He was knowledgeable about the menu and was helpful in making ordering easy. I was disappointed in the food however. I expected that the fish would be the star of the meal and it was prepared poorly - extremely overdone. I would rate the food a C+ and the service and atmosphere an A.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Outstanding choice for a Thursday night dinner! My wife and I decided to set out under the covered Patio despite the slight drizzle of rain! We had an excellent waitress! She was full of energy and didn't let our drinks go dry. This was my wife's first experience with Oysters! We had 2 types! And Im happy to report that she enjoyed them very much! I had blackened tilapia for dinner and it was the best meal I had all week! My wife had a pasta dish with shrimp and she said it was excellent too! To make the night even better, we ordered key lime pie for dessert. It was a very tasty dessert, even though im not a fan of "key lime" anything! But its my wife's favorite. Additionally, they had a gentleman in the bar area playing guitar and singing popular music. It aided in providing us a very nice dining experience. We have been to a Mitchell's Fish Market before in the Cincinnati Ohio area and this place was just as good! Great quality, food presentation and service! Very much worth the bill!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The food was very good as well as the service. We sat in the back toward the kitchen. Unfortunately, our table was surrounded (I am not kidding) by small gnats. We must have killed 10 and missed many more. My husband was so distracted that he did not enjoy his meal. The server was aware but never sent the manager over.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Our waiter Chris was the best waiter I've ever had. It makes a difference to me when the waiter is educated in the food he is serving and can make recommendations. He was super friendly and suggested yummy food. My favorites were the crab cakes and tilapia. Great wine selection and delicious seafood. Loved it!!!