“Very Informational”

Huguenot Memorial Park
Ranked #32 of 175 things to do in Jacksonville
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Very Interesting information shared at this park. The group of friends and family I was with all enjoyed.

3  Thank cinalang

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This park is mistreated, unfortunately. People drive on the beach and gas seeps in the water. When the tide comes in, rows and rows of cars crank up and everyone has to move back, which creates pure chaos.
The folks who come here aren't those who are interested in respecting the environment. They throw trash in the water and there are cigarette butts. I'm only being slightly sarcastic when I say that we always see at least one pregnant teenager in a Budweiser bikini.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

This is one of the best beaches that I have ever attended. There is a inexpensive entrance fee but it is worth it all. There is camping, fishing, picnic tables and shelters, three different water areas. The best part of it all is that you can actually drive on this beach! That means no unloading the car and walking nearly a half mile before you reach the beach area. You do need to be aware of the high tides because there is no driving on the the beach but for the most part......... family friendly. This is a great relaxing getaway from the stress of everyday life. I have lived in Jacksonville for 16 years and I always choose this beach. I usually go at least once a week! My only wish is that they would include jet skiing or parasailing. But even if this is never added, I still plan to make my weekly visit to my FAVORITE BEACH!

2  Thank MELISSA G
Reviewed June 1, 2012

It's the only beach in Jacksonville that you can drive your car on. You can also camp there or have a picnic there. I love that it has a family beach area for those with little ones or want to stay away from the other crowds. The only downside is that when the tide comes in, it really comes in. People tend to get their cars stuck. Sometimes they have to kick people out beacuse the tide comes in so close to the dunes.

1  Thank Jeania A
Reviewed May 24, 2012

My husband traveled to huguenot park while working in Jackson ville for several days. When we initialy made the reservation we were asked to cal back several different times as their was noone available to take a reservation. Finaly after making the reservation he was told he must be at the park and I state the time told to us was by 8:30 pm so he could be set up and in for quite hours. this is after making the long trip in from out of state. Later the manager claimed the time diffference was 9:30 pm. Again a different story from each employee we spoke to. When making the reservation and upon checking in he was "gaurenteed a safe secure site and no need to repack your stuff each morning while gone we have constant security and the park is monitored." Come to find out this is most certainly a false statement as All of my husbands camping gear expensive tents, sleeping bags, equipment,accessories and such were stolen. When trying to contact a manger asking for a refund regarding the night she had paid for and was now unable to say we were told please send us and email as to why you want a refund and of course it will take four to six weeks. to get a possible return. Other then filing a police report the manager seemed quite rude and completely uncareing to the fact that at his park where he claimed to have seen the gear and equipment at the camp site not more then an hour before my husbands return to the site everything was stolen. He was very defensive rude and inconsiderate. The camp site my husband said was difficult to camp at the staff was uncaring and rude. It is most likely we will never see the return of our equipment, nor do they really seem to interested in finding out what happened to it. Though the manager Chris clams this is Jacksonville sheriffs problem not his. They most certainly did not care or have concern that my husband was left with no place to sleep for the evening. As much as we have camped and traveled this is the most rude and inconsiderate place Ive ever encountered Id never recommend it to anyone much less even a visit to Jacksonville.

3  Thank Traveler52012