“Great zoo!”

Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens
Ranked #2 of 172 things to do in Jacksonville
More attraction details
Owner description: This 73-acre park is the only zoo in Florida's northeast.
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Best zoo i have seen! Very neat and clean and prices were resonable. Food and drink prices were high but to be expected

There are newer reviews for Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I've been to a lot of zoos but this one is really nice. Lots of animals, obviously, but different things too. They have a butterfly garden, a stingray bay (where you can pet the stingrays), a couple of kiddie rides, a wonderful train, a water area...the list goes on! We went on a day that was over 92 degrees so we even got in for half price. Thing is, this zoo has so much shaded areas, it wasn't really an issue. Will definitely go back when visiting the area again!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I visited this zoo on a very hot July day. We visited around 1pm We enjoyed our stroll through the area, however, what we didn't like particularly is after you pay your admission fee for the two of us was $32.00, then if you want to ride the train to get to the other side of the zoo - you had to pay another fee $8.00 for both, and if you wanted to pet a stingray - another fee $2.00 each. I think that's asking a bit much. Folks have already paid the entrance fee if you are going to charge extra for the other items, just increase your overall entrance fee. We did see a few animals we had not seen at our local North Carolina Zoo - but at least at the NC Zoo we didn't have to pay an extra fee to ride the train from one side of the zoo to the other.

4  Thank vhash77
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Wonderful day walking, looking and exploring. It is well worth the trip and money.
Family group went for a day trip. It is beautiful and has a natural setting for everything.
The grass huts at entrance are made of natural grass brought over from Africa by the natives and erected by them.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have been to several big city zoos and the Jacksonville zoo is my favorite. I took my grandchildren who are 8,3,2, and 1. They all had fun. There are lots of extras for kids like a splash park, petting zoo, playground and Merry Go Round. The food in the snack bar is reasonable and good. This zoo is very clean with great directional signage and sits on a beautiful river. I highly recommend it for all ages.