“A must See”

Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens
Ranked #2 of 167 things to do in Jacksonville
More attraction details
Owner description: This 73-acre park is the only zoo in Florida's northeast.
Portland, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A must See”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Coming from the West Coast I have a great variety of zoos to choose from. I always like to check zoos in other parts of the conurty when I visit. I turly enjoyed my day at the Zoo.

Visited June 2013

Jacksonville, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Awesome Zoo!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Make sure you see the giraffes, the gorillas, the elephants, the black panther, and the hippos. Definitely go in the enclosed area across from the black panther where birds and fish and other animals live, and you can walk around right with them. It's worth the money to pet the stingrays, but you want to have an extra change of clothes as kids will get wet. It's not worth the money to see the dinos, although good luck talking a kid out of seeing them! Also, I wouldn't bother with the train. It doesn't allow you to see anything that you can't see otherwise, and the narration is hard to hear/understand. Even when crowded, the Zoo is easy to navigate. The grounds are beautiful. It's a wonderful way to spend the day!

Visited May 2013
Santa Clarita, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Little Zoo”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is such a visitor friendly zoo. There are so many things to hand feed, from the unexpected manta rays to giraffes and lorikeets. The zoo can easily be enjoyed within one day. The gift shop has artwork done by their animals. Left there with a big smile on my face.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank HappyHiker20
Las Vegas, Nevada
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“I had a great time!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Even though I went alone, and I'm nearly into my twenties, I had a great time. The zoo has grown so much since I was there when I was little! There were lots of hands-on experiences, which was really cool. You had to pay, but you could touch some stingrays and feed them for pretty cheap, feed a giraffe, or see butterflies for extra money. The gardens are beautiful and made me feel like I was somewhere other than Jacksonville, FL. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Briteedubs
Tallahassee, Florida
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Very Fun Zoo”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

With everything from aardvarks to snakes, this zoo has a plethora of exotic animals from all over the world. Separated into sections based on the animals natural living area, navigating the zoo is easy and quick. While it is a bit child oriented, seeing the animals is fun for all and provides interesting and intriguing. The food in the cafe was atrocious, and the building wasn't all to clean, but some basic planning and provisions will circumvent the need to go there. I would recommend going to this zoo if you enjoy zoos, or if you simply have time to kill. I would not recommend buying the extra pass which includes admission into a dinosaur exhibit as it doesn't seem worth the extra cost.

Visited March 2013