“Pleasantly surprised.”

Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens
Ranked #2 of 166 things to do in Jacksonville
More attraction details
Owner description: This 73-acre park is the only zoo in Florida's northeast.
Georgia
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Pleasantly surprised.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I spent the day there and although not a whole lot there, it was nice. All the exhibits were nice and the dinosaurs were neat. The butterfly garden was a joke though. Maybe it was the time of year but we might of seen 10 butterflies. It was a great day trip and my daughter loved so it was worth it.

Visited April 2013

Knoxville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Sad Experience....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I just came back from Jacksonville, and had to comment on my experience at the Jacksonville Zoo. I arrived about 10 mins. before they opened. When it came time to be opened, the cashier strolled in her booth, and started setting up.. If the sign shows opening at 9:00am, shouldn't they be in their booths ready to start? I stood at her window waiting for her, and she told me "I'm not even set up yet". By this time, it was after the "open" time. Poor customer service.
Like another viewer said, the layout is confusing .Some areas the animals were in were overgrown with vegetation and needed to have some stimulation for the animals. Ropes, balls etc. There were a couple of lions and an anteater that kept pacing back and forth. It is a small zoo, and I enjoyed seeing the animals, but would not return.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Doxie57
Winston Salem, NC
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great Zoo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is the second time we have been to the Jacksonville Zoo. It is a great place to spend the day. The setup they have is great, because unlike other zoos the animals aren't so far away you can't see them. They have different options such as unlimited train rides, merry-go-round rides, string ray pool where you can touch the sting rays, and a Dinosaur exhibit. The zoo is also not so big that you have long walks between animals. Overall a great set up with a wide variety of animals.

WNY
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“I am spoiled...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We lived in Columbus and were members of the zoo there so we were disappointed with this zoo. We ended up leaving early as there were signs up on several attractions that said "back in 5 min". Line to get in was so long I was anticipating a fabulous zoo. It was really just average and staff could benefit from some customer service training.

Columbus, Ohio
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Just an average zoo...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I took my kids to the zoo while vacationing in Jacksonville. I had a good time, and my kids did too, but this zoo was very basic, and small. It’s not a place I would come back to. I thought the exhibits were set up in a confusing manner, and my kids seemed really bored and uninterested from the moment we walked in! Also we had to wait a good 45 minutes just to get through the gates of the zoo which was irritating. One good thing, the parking here is free!

1 Thank Amberlee W