“awsome”

Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens
Ranked #2 of 172 things to do in Jacksonville
More attraction details
Owner description: This 73-acre park is the only zoo in Florida's northeast.
Reviewed February 7, 2012

wonderfull zoo lots of animals and some u can feed and touch

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I guess I am spoiled. I am used to larger zoos (e.i. San Diego). This zoo is okay. What it has in its favor is the cleanliness & the programs it offers to families & school students

Reviewed February 6, 2012

The Jacksonville zoo is well designed. Most of the animals have huge, natural enclosures. It was especially nice for a northerner like me to see animals frolicking in tropical landscape and vegetation. The animals seemed very content compared to what I am used to seeing.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

The good news and the bad news: we spent four hours at the zoo and we were able to see all the exhibits in that time. So it's not a really big zoo. On the other hand it's not too big for children to handle, and bigger people won't wear themselves out seeing the whole thing. Most of the expected zoo animals are represented well. Having the opportunity to touch a stingray is a nice touch. I have to say, I think $5 for the train ride is a little pricey; there's very little to see from the train except the back of the animal barns, and the few animals in sight are easier and better viewed from the paths within the zoo. If we'd realized that we would have passed on the "value ticket" and just paid the extra $2 to "pet" the stingrays.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

This is a really great zoo to visit. There is so much to see and do. The jaugars' exhibit is a must see.