TripAdvisor

8:00 PM
OR
Order Online
Ranked #159 of 2,425 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is an American Restaurant and Steakhouse serving authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour at the FIREBAR® or on the patio for drink specials and bar bites. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Reserve Your Table with us today.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the excellent experience! Service was exceptional. We had the delmonico with a loaded and salmon with vegetables both were excellent. The staff is always smiling and helpful to special requests.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (102)

Reviewed August 12, 2019

A beautiful place, comfortable, elegant, with option to eat inside and outside. The staff is extremely nice and empathetic (I am not local, so they were very patient with my English proficiency ;), and they had me hosted by someone who could talk a bit some spanish, so they served half the time in Spanish). I ordered steak, mushrooms, and a glass of red wine. The meat term was just as I requested, and everything else was fabulous!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 4, 2019

My girlfriend treated me to lunch at Firebirds last Friday. It was so nice because it was not crowded and loud. So we could have great lunch conversation without having to yell across the table. I chose the Chicken Pasta. It came with a generous portion of pasta, covered in a spicy cream sauce with finely sliced chicken, bacon green onions and tomatoes. It was delicious!! But it is on the spicy side so it is only for those that like spicy, which I do! Our waitress surprised us with a Birthday dessert! It was two squares of Creme Brulee Cheesecake with a dollop of whipped cream and sliced strawberries and blueberries. We both loved it and it was just the right amount. Can't wait to go back to Firebirds!!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 22, 2019

I have been coming to this place for happy hour every friday since they opened. With co-workers, family and friends. Their black diamond martini is really good and so is the atmosphere. We usually stay after happy hour is over and continue enjoying the beginning of the weekend. Last friday was my last time here, not just for me but also for my friends. A man named Craig (might be a manager) came to our table around 8:45 PM and said they couldn't served us any more drinks. I asked him why and he said they were only allowed to serve a certain amount of drinks to clients. We've had about 5 each in a 3 and a half hour period. We were sitting at a table, celebrating 2 birthdays, enjoying a good conversation over drinks and food. One thing was different from other fridays: we were all hispanic/latin at the table. I asked him to bring the checks. Our server, who couldn't stop apologizing, brought it. Most of us paid by cash to get out of there fast but I had to wait at the front desk for my credit card. While there, a server who recognized us from being there every week, came to me and said he couldn't believed what had just happened and that he was sorry. There was also a mexican girl who noticed the situation and told me, the server and the host that that's happened to her before...COINCIDENCE? Or was this person another empowered one coming out from under the rocks? Either way, we are never going back to that place.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank TriniD01
Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2019

Thank you for providing a rating regarding your recent visit to Firebirds. I'm sorry that you had this experience. Your feedback is important to us so I will share your comments with our leadership team to address the issues with our staff. We hope to service you again soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2019

We arrived 15 mins early and hostess REFUSED to seat us in a dining room that was half full!
The rest of the night was so so......

Date of visit: June 2019
Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2019

Dear Carol,
Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We're so sorry to hear that you had this experience as this does not reflect the level of hospitality we aim to deliver and are known for. I will be sharing your review with our leadership team as your feedback is important to us. Our hope is that you will give us another try soon.