“Far better than what I expected”

Museum of Science and History
Ranked #16 of 176 things to do in Jacksonville
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn about area Native American cultures here.
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We had family in for Thanksgiving so we decided to go to MOSH on Black Friday. I was unsure of what to expect having never been here before and reading decidedly mixed reviews. From the Hurricane Force Winds simulator, to the planetarium, to the interactive learning exhibits about the body and sea animals, MOSH has fun for all ages. EVERYONE was smiling and laughing, from my 8 year old to my 60 year old mother! It is a unique learning experience centered around hands on gathering of information, stimulation of the senses, and hilarious chances for facebook worthy pictures. Totally worth the overpriced tickets.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

The MOSH is a three story building with an excellent exhibit of early Jacksonville, the story of the St. John's river and a science exhibit about asteroids and meteorites. Next time I plan to take my grandson, I know he will love it.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The JEA Science Theater has been renovated since we were there last and they have done a really nice job. The show was great- there was lots of kid participation. We are looking forward to going back again soon!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We just moved to JAX and my 8-yr old boy just loves, loves, loves museums. While way smaller than the Duetsches Museum in Munich (where we last lived), it is easily digestible in an afternoon or morning for an 8-yr old. Lots of "hands-on" stuff and the museum is really "kid sized." We have not yet seen the planetarium but will, and I will update once we do. We bought an annual family membership and will be back time and again.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Took my boys to go see the Metallica laser light show in the planetarium and it was really awesome! The music was thumping and the lasers were way cooler than I expected. They have 4 different bands every Friday night and it's cheap, only $5 a person. Great way to spend an hour!!

1  Thank Terpmama4