“Needs Paint”

Best Western Plus Cecil Field Inn & Suites
Ranked #39 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This hotel is easy to access, near the interstate. There are several hotels in the same area, we previously stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. For this quick trip we decided to spend a little less and stay here. The hotel is in need or some paint and better repair man. There were many areas on the walls that were patched and painted, but the paint didn't match. The fan in our bathroom was extremely loud. When we looked at it, the fan was coming out of the ceiling and tied to hold it up. This hotel allows smoking in some rooms. We were in a non-smoking rooms, but the hallway smelled strongly of smoke. On a better note, there is free Wi-Fi and breakfast (didn't try it, but it was available)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Caren B

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed here, but normally stays at the BW Southside Inn & Suites. I know most of the staff and management so that makes it hard for other hotels in Jacksonville to compete, hiwever stay was very nice. Out of the Best Westerns in Jacksonville, these two are the best.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Before booking the hotel, I called ahead to check if there were cribs available. The woman who I spoke to didn't seem to be 100% "with it". She would answer "Yes" to a question that was not a yes or no question. She said that there were cribs so I booked on-line and requested a crib in the special request area.

When we arrived, we learned that there were no cribs. The night clerk who handled our check in was super nice and worked hard to accommodate us by moving us to a room with more beds and giving us extra pillows to keep the kids from rolling out of bed. We did okay with that arrangement except that the floor was dirty - our socks all turned black on the bottom.

The breakfast was good but there were no high chairs. With two toddlers, trying to eat was tough.

Overall, this place wasn't horrible but it has a long way to go before being considered "family friendly".

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Barbara S
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This property was very easy to find. We stayed here to attend a wedding held at the equestrian center nearby. Check in was easy. Our room had a very minor problem, we pointed it out to the front desk and it was corrected immediately. Later we noticed a light out in the bathroom, and again the front desk had it taken care of right away. The bed was comfortable. The closet was on the small side, but adequate. There was a safe in the closet. There was a desk with chair, chest of drawers, a chair and ottoman and two end tables. The strangest thing was the height of the counter in the bath room, way over the typical height. Definitely not made for kids or short adults. Obviously a design issue. Breakfast was the standard included breakfast, but the food was kept fresh and the breakfast area clean. All in all, a good stay, and would choose this property again if I needed to be in this area in the future.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 102 if you can avoid it. The CSX people have some sort of office next to it...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Stayed here 1 night.
PROS: Very close to the interstate -easy access off & on to ramps. Good breakfast, the manager over the kitchen did a good job keeping the breakfast bar stocked & hot.
CONS: When I got off the elevator to go to my room the smoke was so heavy in the hallway it was like a film. Went to my room hoping it would be better, the smoke wasn't as strong in the room but it smelled of old smoke in the carpet, drapes & lines. I went back to the front desk to see if I get another room, they did not have any other rooms. I put my clothes I was wearing the next day back in my car so they would not smell. This was a good thing since everything in my travel bag had to be washed when I got home due to the smell. nternet was extremely slow, very hard to stay here for business. Some of the machines in the fitness center did not work.
There are other hotels on this exit, which I've stayed at before & been very happy with. They did not have any rooms which is why I tried this hotel. In the future if the other hotels do not have rooms I will go just another exit or so on the interstate & try another hotle.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank workhardanythingposs
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We were just stopping for one night as we traveled from Florida back up to the Mid-Atlantic. The room was very nice, but the sulfur in the water added an unpleasant faint odor to the room. Once we were in the room, we were not aware of the odor. The front desk staff were very helpful. The breakfast is complimentary and the staff assisted us in making sure there was enough food. The room was very clean and we can recommend this facility.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This was a 1 night stay as we were just passing through on a very long drive. I informed the hotel we would be arriving very late (3am) and the room needed to be ready. We didn't need to be jacking around at 3:30 a.m. going downstairs to get bedding and putting sheets on a sofabed that I told them we would be using. The entire facility smells of feeble attempts to remove smoke odor. There was a very large pile (waist high) of dirty laundry next to the elevator. The king bed was very hard and unforgiving for side sleepers. Room was clean but needed some touching up. Staff was friendly and polite. We enjoyed the breakfast. Location was easy to find and just outside of town in a decent area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family