“great stay”

Ranked #37 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
fl
“great stay”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

very nice hotel; clean, new, great breakfast and wonderful staff. we will stay again if in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank marchFl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed January 26, 2012

the rooms were outstanding and clean the personeel were like being with family and the restuarant ladie was the best.

Room Tip: the suite is wonderful
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank melvin b
Hoschton, Georgia
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I am a well-seasoned traveler, and I found this hotel to be a decent value for my money. I have stayed a few times. The front desk has always been helpful. The reception area is nice, and my room has always been clean and comfortable. I have always felt safe enough, which is important to a single woman traveling alone. It also has the best price point of the hotels in this small area, to my knowledge.

I would not only stay here again, I would have no problem recommending this hotel to others.

Room Tip: The south end of the hotel is the end away from I-10, which I would think could possibly get noisy d...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank UniqueCritique2012
Sunil D, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Cecil Field Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 904-265-7759. Thank you again for taking the time for completing this review. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Assistant General Manager
Best Western Plus Cecil Field
904-265-7759
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed October 12, 2011

The housekeeping staff were nice as well as one lady on the front desk. The internet went out one night and the lady on the desk said she had to call her boss to see if it was okay to reset it!? really?? We stayed there for over 2 weeks. No hot water. The water was only warm. Requested a later check out than 11 am and with hardly any guests in the hotel we figured that it wouldn't be a problem extending for an hour but the front desk person said the latest she could give was 11:30. Pathetic customer service. The hot tub was broken for the entire stay and the lady said there was a part on order. We asked when it would be in and she said she didn't have a clue...

Room Tip: Rooms have thin walls. You can hear everything next door
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Chris_the_traveler23
Sunil D, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Cecil Field Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank You for your feedback regarding your stay at Best Western Plus Cecil Field Jacksonville, FL. I sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you incurred during your stay with us. we have the part ordered for the hot tub and they told us it would take four to six weeks.

If ever during your stay at a Best western Plus you have any questions or concerns, please ask to speak to Management so we may have the opportunity to address any concerns you have during your stay. Please give us the opportunity to correct any situation while you are still with us.

Again please accept my apology.
Director Of Sales
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Just take it from my title, it says it all. Corporate office of Best Western could care less about complaints.
Rooms were nice looking but the walls are VERY thin. Breakfast was unkept and dirty. Staff was horrible. Management suggested that I confront a noisy room next to mine at 4 am.
I suggest you look into the other hotels near by.
My complaints are real. I have documentation to prove it, I gave Best Western a chance to make good on my complaint and they didn't.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere, and not near the elevators
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 1furiousd
Sherly I, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Cecil Field Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had at our property, for what it's worth the general manager did try to contact you but he didn’t get any response. I’m very please to let you know that we have made some changes with our staff I would really like for you to give us another chance to make it up to you, so please give me a call at 904-265-7759.

Again, I sincerely apologize and do hope that you will give us a chance to make things right.

Director of Sales
rosharon, TX
Reviewed February 10, 2011

Came here alone on a business trip where I would be on my feet from 7:00 until 5:00 p.m. each day, so I knew I'd be exhausted.

I checked in, which went smoothly, went to my room, and realized that it was opposite the elevator. Therefore, I turned around, and went back to the lobby, and explained to the staff member that I was a very light sleeper, and being across from the elevator would really bother me.

After a short time on the computer reviewing available rooms, she explained to me that she was searching for rooms that didn't have children around, or anyone overhead. She thought that she'd found me the perfect room, and indeed she had. I stayed three nights, and had three excellent nights of sleep. The hotel seemed very quiet, and very well run.

All the staff I encountered were well informed, friendly, and eager to help. I also appreciated that the breakfasts were put out earlier than scheduled. With a 7:00 am start to work on Sat and Sun, I had to leave the hotel by 6:40 a.m., and I was still able to get the full breakfast. It was an above average hotel buffet breakfast, which included waffles, eggs, and sausage.

When I asked the night clerk about a very nearby Italian restaurant, he confirmed that it was worth eating at, and it was - I ate there for two dinners in a row.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank bellecreek
Sherly I, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Cecil Field Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to write a note in regards of your stay. we are glad to hear you enjoyed your time at our property.
If I can help you with any future reservations, please give me a call.

Director of Sales.
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I stayed at this hotel last night and this is my opinion. Please know that I was in the hospitality field for a large multi- state resort for 20 years.

Pros:
The king bed and the pool were great!
Flat screen TV's on the wall.

Cons:
As soon as we walked into our room it was 90 degrees and very musty smelling. I had purchased a family suite and loved the lay out, but really wanted it to be a clean room, too!

There was a dirty wash cloth hanging at the end of the shower rod in the bathroom.

When I pulled down my bed to get in it ...the sheets were untucked all away around the bed and the blanket smelled terrible.

My daughters top bunk had a lot of small curly black hairs all over it.

The breakfast area had food on the floor (smashed egg) and all over the counters (no attendant)

They were out of coffee cups which I had to look for. (The coffee is instant)

My total for 1 night was $115.00 which it was clearly NOT worth.

SAVE your money and go right next door to the Marriott!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank dperry5
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville West/Chaffee Point
Hampton Inn Jacksonville I-10 West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chaffee
Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West
Red Roof Inn Baldwin
Red Roof Inn Baldwin
#1 of 2 in Baldwin

Been to Best Western Plus Cecil Field Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!