“Unusual Location, Modern Feel, A la Carte Everything”

Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #29 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Unusual Location, Modern Feel, A la Carte Everything”
Reviewed October 28, 2009

The Hyatt Place makes me feel old. While the hotel is new - or at least looks new - it really isn't my cup of tea. And I don't even drink tea.

While checking in, it has a good feel to it. And as you arrive at the room, it looks very modern indeed (look at their web site to see - it's very accurate in representation). The room is full of rich colors, which is soothing.

Normally I'm a fan of large television sets, but when your bed is just a couple feet away? Way too large. The comfy corner (or whatever they call it)? Nice idea - that would be a better placement for such a huge television set, not at the foot of your bed.

The pool is in the middle of the parking lot - as it often is - but there are no trees of any kind, and it's just not comforting to be out there. Some landscaping would do wonders. While there is a breakfast buffet of sorts, if you really want anything substantial, you have to order it (at a cost). This is a cool concept, and I can understand the hotel's motivation, I don't care for it.

For the business traveler, I totally get it. For the family? I don't think we'll be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
The Netherlands
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Got this hotel via Priceline for one night after arrival late at the airport.
Only a few moths old.
Very good and friendly service. Free shuttle to 5 miles around.
One of the best free breakfasts I ever had.
Very large room and supersized TV.
They do not have a restaurant, but can prepare you something.
They are glad to bring you to a restaurant and pick you up for return.
The area is a kind of new business area, so there is almost nothing to do in walking distance.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed October 20, 2009

After flying all day, my 3 kids and I needed a place to stay overnight after arriving on a late night flight. I'm glad we picked this hotel. It was clean and quiet. It had a shuttle (which was quite fast) and a very nice continental breakfast (better than most hotels). We tried out the pool as well and it was small, but clean and the kids had a great time. They had clean towels for us to use in the pool area. They also have a small gym with a few ellipticals and a treadmill or 2. I didn't try those, but they do have them if you need them. The rooms were quite nice and very clean. My kids thought it was awesome because of the separate couch/bed area and all the pillows they had. The amenities were also quite nice. The room had a nice desk for business travellers with lots of hook-ups for computer cords etc... We had absolutely no problems with our stay here. I would stay there again if I go to Jacksonville in the future.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Georgetown, Kentucky
Reviewed October 19, 2009

This hotel is fantastic! The hotel itself is new, very clean and very accessible to everyone. The beds are very comfortable and the pool was very refreshing! The continental breakfast was very good, especially for our young grandson.

I would highly recommend to hotel to anyone who plans to visit the Jacksonville area, especially those who come down to cruise out of the cruise port (which is about a 10-min cab ride from the hotel).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
florida
Reviewed October 15, 2009

The Hyatt Place near the Jax airport is a great choice for travelers and families. The service was excellent. During our stay, we had several people available to help us at any time.

The room was extremely clean and comfortable. Hotel beds are generally not very comfortable, but Hyatt Place has provided very comfy beds for the guests. Our daughter slept in the sofa bed and it was even more comfortable than expected.

We also took the hotel shuttle to the airport. This service is great because it allows guests to park their vehicles at the hotel and ride the hotel shuttle to the airport. When we returned to Jax, we called the hotel and the shuttle was there to greet us within a few minutes.

I plan on staying at this hotel for future trips and I will try other Hyatt Place hotels when I travel as well.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed October 6, 2009

It's too bad I only stayed here one night. This hotel was flawless. The lobby was nice and modern. The staff was friendly and effecient. The room was huge, modern, and well furnished. Some great appointments: Nice 47" HDTV, great shower, big, fluffy towels, big, new bed with comfortable pillows, a mini fridge, and free WiFi. The free breakfast wasn't bad either.

All this for a very reasonable rate. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank mespy
Sydney
Reviewed October 4, 2009

I quitted Ritz Carlton Amelia Island for this one. With free internet in-room, close to a local shopping complex (with Wal-Mart, restaurants, best burger of Jacksonville, etc), this is a nice hotel to be in. It was opened only a few months ago, so brand new. Fantastic and spacious room. The only problem with the room is the fairly big and noisy air conditioning. The restaurant was small and the food selection was limited. The free continential breakfast was included, however, the milk that was served that morning had turned bad and was sour-taste. The staff apologised profusedly and quickly changed it. The FrontDesk staff were very friendly and helpful, such as brought the scale to my room to weigh my luggage, dropped me off and picked me up from the nearby shopping complex no matter how late it was (and with big smile greeting me back), and of course to the airport not far away. Definitely will stay there again, and Hyatt Place.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business