“Excellent Hotel!”

Ranked #23 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Outside Atlanta GA
“Excellent Hotel!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Everything screams luxury from the moment we entered. The rooms are large, beautiful and comfortable, the linens are soft and beds are comfortable. The breakfast area was lovely, and it was so nice to have breakfast included. It seems like they were a little overwhelmed that day as things ran out quickly (the egg dish) plates and bowls were not replenished and they ran out of coffee. It was ok though because the coffee was vile - bitter and none of us in my party could drink it, even when they brought out a fresh pot. The orange juice was also like orange colored water. Not a huge problem, I would definitely stay there again.
We loved the park and cruise option, the problems here is they didn't tell us of the cost of the shuttle until departure, and the shuttle didn't pick us up from the port when we got back. We stood for over an hour in the cold rain (40 degrees) waiting after we called. I would think Hyatt wouldn't do business with such an unreliable company. But those aren't really Hyatt issues - just a warning if you're doing the park and cruise. Beware of Super shuttle! You may get stranded at the port.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Stacy M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Coffeebeagle,
I am glad to hear that your stay with us while traveling through Jacksonville was a good one. We really try and exceed the expectations of our guests! I will certainly pass along your comments to the staff and let them know you enjoyed your stay. I understand how important that cup of coffee is in the morning and I will certainly look into what happened the morning of your stay. I will also investigate what happened with the Cruise Shuttle service and get that rectified immediately. I hope that you will stay with us again when you are in town. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
Yours in hospitality,
Stacy M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Bliss,NY
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The Hyatt Place is an excellent hotel. The rooms are clean and are decorated very nicely. The rooms have a divider where the living area and bedroom are separated, but yet sides can still view the television. The breakfast is not your normal hotel breakfast. They have freshly made breakfast sandwiches, pancakes,fruit,cereal,juices and coffee. The staff were very pleasant which is rare now a days. They also have computers for your use or free wi-fi in the rooms. There is also a printer for guests to use at no extra charge. There is also a airport shuttle if you need it. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you DeeDee915 for your kind words about the hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to submit a review. We always love to hear from our guests. I will pass along your comments to the staff and let them know you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Nc
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Our family likes the Hyatt concept of these hotels. Rooms are always large enough for our family,the bed was very comfortable and the shower was huge - loved the glass door. Would have been nice if the pull out bed had an additional blanket to go with the sheets. Breakfast had a selection of hot and cold food items although I would recommend getting down for breakfast early has space was limited.

All in all, friendly hotel which we would stay at again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for responding with your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we will work on getting a blanket in that room for the pull-out sofa. Again thank you for being a loyal Hyatt guest and we look forward to your return.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed December 21, 2013

the hotel staff was nice upon checkin..room seemed to be fairly clean..a very small fridge that didn't seem to get hardly below cool....sink and a tiny tiny java pot for the mrng...
walk in shower with a half a glass wall...no door..big mistake..lots of water splashed out on the floor
and a very very dim light in the shower area...lots of hot water and good shower head...
kind bed comfy..only 4 pillows..but i got 2 more..
tv not good..its on the wall btwn the bdrm/lvng...most channels are analog....what gives..bad picture quality..and not a lot of premium channels to watch..
breakfast was the pits...very watered down java...the only hot items were small rubbery pancakes and an egg mcmuffin...so bags...a few cereals to choose from..small donuts..looked bad..although i had a piece of whole wheat toast that was good...milk..cberry..oj were avail...some cottage cheese and plain yogurt...and what looked like blueberry pie filling...a few apples and an orange...no bananas...stay at embassy suites..at least there you can get a full hot breakfast...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Please accept my deepest apologies for the issues you encountered with our breakfast and with your guest room. I have no excuses, as there is no excuse for not providing the Hyatt Place breakfast as we promise. While we strive for perfection, there are times when even a hotel of our caliber makes mistakes. But, I can assure you, we will learn from this and do our best to ensure we do not drop the ball like this again. Thank you for staying with us and hope you will give us another try in the future.
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I've become quite the fan of the Hyatt Place concept in the past year or so ... they are, without question, consistently the best rooms at this price point. Each room is a suite and I've yet to stay in one that isn't clean, modern and comfortable. I'm not in love with the shower at this property - with the half glass door - but otherwise, this is an excellent option for a quick stay by the airport. Quick access to the airport and close enough to some dining (albeit nothing special) options. Friendly, efficient staff - as usual with Hyatt Place properties.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Stacy M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your Review. One of the great things about Hyatt Place is the rooms are all suites, so it makes for a comfortable stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in Jacksonville and I hope that you will join us again soon. Thank you again for the kind words and I will share with the staff at the hotel.
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Cons
We had te opportunity to stay 2 separate nights at this hotel. Our first night the shower was dirty with pink soap scum. They offered a special rate on our way back down. Rider was very helpful and gave us great customer service.
The second stay the shower again was dirty. Clearly their cleaning protocol is lacking. We asked for extra sheet, pillow and blanket. Only got half of it. Said they had no blankets. Really?

Pros
Very good size room for 6. Decent breakfast. Easy access of I 95.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you so much for your response. I am very sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. We are currently changing over some staff in our housekeeping department and your room may have slipped through the cracks. I have discussed this with my Rooms Division Supervisor and we are taking corrective action. I hope that you will give us another try in the future so that you can experience what the Hyatt Place is all about. Again, thank you for your comments as we can not improve if we don't know of the opportunities.
Stacy Manthos
USA
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Stay, Park and Fly feature the hotel offered was great. The hotel is conveniently located near the airport and a few dining options. The shuttle driver was very courteous and welcoming. He was timely with taking us to the airport and retrieving us upon our return, was very helpful and even told a couple of jokes as we traveled back to the hotel after a long day of flying. Our vehicle showed no signs of issues when we returned. I would suggest that the host/hostess review the guests' check-in information and provide any necessary information at the time of check-in. For example, we were not told the specifics about the shuttle departures, nor that there was a form we needed to complete if we were leaving our vehicle. We didn't find out the specifics until we asked to make an appointment for shuttle service the day before our flight.

The modern architecture and interior design of the hotel is appealing; however, the bathroom in our room was the size of a thimble!! We had to step into the bathroom between the toilet and the wall containing the tissue holder before the door could be closed. That was a very poor design idea.

The morning breakfast area needs a thorough cleaning. Several of the dishes were not clean and the caddies that contain the utensils and napkins were filled with debris and appeared to never have been wiped clean! How can one not see that BEFORE filling them with items guests must use to eat!! After seeing that, we surmised that might have been why some guests were asking the front desk staff about where other breakfast locations were in Jacksonville. There was one serving utensil that had to be shared among the breakfast skillet items which is not desirable if a guest has food allergies or for some other reasons does not eat certain types of food. I would definitely rather pay for breakfast than to accept a complimentary one that clearly is not sanitary or using proper food practices. If it looks like that in the area where guests can see it, I hate to even imagine what it looks like behind the counter and in the kitchen. Hopefully, someone will read this review and that issue can be quickly resolved and the cleanliness maintained.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Traveling_Jewel
Stacy M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. I am thankful that you enjoyed the Park and Fly option that we offer. I do apologize for the breakfast/kitchen opportunities you encountered. I will bring it to the attention of the Kitchen Manager. This is something that we will work on and fix for your next stay with us. Again, thank you for your feedback as this is the only way we can improve. We like our guests to have an outstanding stay every time. I will certainly work with the staff so we exceed your expectations on your next stay.
Stacy Manthos