“Great room, walk in shower, and breakfast. Troublesome checkin and reservations”

Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #29 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Big Island, Virginia
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stay at Hyatt Place every chance I get. Exceptional rooms, amenities and a great complementary breakfast. But a few issues emerged during this visit. When I checked in I had to go look for the desk clerk, and the same situation when I checked out. The breakfast cook checked me out. Perhaps a little short staffed?

Making the reservations presented some confusion. I reserved the room online on what I thought was the Hyatt Place Jacksonville website. That’s what I Googled and it looked exactly like the Hyatt Place Jacksonville website. I normally don’t use travel firms like Expedia because I can usually get more room choices, the same rate or better with no booking fees, and it eliminates a “middle man” if I have to make a change. A few days before my stay I noted two charges on my credit card statement I didn’t recognize. One was from TSP EAN Travel US and the other was ROOMSTAYSCOM. Further investigation revealed that the posts were for my Hyatt Place stay posted by outside travel entities and nowhere was Hyatt Place reservations indicted. Plus one of the posts from Roomstayscom was for booking fees that Hyatt claims they do not charge. Charges were posted in advance which I don't like. Upon check in, I asked if Hyatt was now outsourcing its reservations and charging booking fees. I was also concerned that charges appeared on my credit card before my stay which had never happened with Hyatt reservation before. The clerk said that someone had hacked my reservation request, confirmed that Hyatt doesn’t charge booking fees, and said she would follow up to see if the booking fee could be refunded. I never heard anything further. The lesson here is I must be especially careful that the webpage I am on is really the one I think I am on. The reservation debacle was probably my fault for not paying close enough attention to the website extensions. You really have to be careful out there.

1 Thank AFRTS
Stacy M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate the feedback. I am so glad that overall you had a good stay. I am very sorry for the confusion with the reservation and check in process. We have had this happen before on occasion but we think we have the issue fixed. Again, I apologize for any confusion and please know that Hyatt.com does not have any booking fees. Thank you again for the feedback as it is our pleasure to exceed your expectations on your future stays.

Stacy Manthos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Owasso, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We typically always stay at this hotel when flying out of JAX. It is clean, the staff is friendly, it has good food options and the rooms are huge! I had made a reservation for 9/25, checking out the next morning, and then another reservation for 10/1 as our flight was getting in late that night. The person who checked us in was very friendly and made sure we were all set up for the 10/1 reservation as well. When we arrived back that night the front desk staff made sure to ask us if we wanted anything to eat or drink and were prompt and courteous picking us up from the airport. It is well worth the money to stay here!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Stacy M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I am so glad that you are a repeat guest with us! I am glad to hear that you stay with us while traveling through Jacksonville. We really try and exceed the expectations of our guests! I will certainly pass along your comments to the staff and let them know you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon!

Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport for a family gathering. I couldn't have been more please with the customer service. Jessica was extremely when I checked in, and checked me out expeditiously when I left. Rita was also a pleasure to work with. Not only were the rooms immaculate and modern; the overall feel of hotel was that of luxury and cleanliness. Additionally, the ladies who prepared the breakfast for the a.m. Skillet were beyond helpful and attentive. The food was excellent!! Furthermore, there was not one staff member that I encountered that did not speak to me or offer to provide me any assistance that I may need. Also, the hotel was conveniently located near the interstate,several popular restaurants, and several retail stores. When I am in the Jacksonville area again, hands down this will be my hotel choice. Bottom line, you can't go wrong with this hotel. This was definitely a superb value for the price!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Stacy M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad that your stay exceeded your expectations. We take customer service very seriously and I am so glad the staff took care of you! I hope your travels will bring you back to Jacksonville, as we would love to see you again! Yours in Hospitality.
Sumter, South Carolina
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My family held a function in the area and we had an excellent experience from the front desk to the shuttle driver. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The bed was very comfortable along with adequate towels and accessories.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I am so glad you had a great stay with us. We appreciate your review and hope that your travels bring you back to Jacksonville. We would love to see you again and take car of you while you are away from home. Yours in Hospitality.
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is my favorite hotel in the Jax area. It's only other competitor is Aloft but the Aloft is more modern. I like the room layout, a sectioned off living room from the beds. The Hyatt Place is more for business travellers. I like the huge flat screen with all the techno-hookups. This hotel is also situated away from hotel row and diagonally across from a Waffle House. Breakfast options are modernized: like a ciabatta with bacon, cheese and egg, or a vegetarian mushroom/cheese hot sandwich. They very good coffee (from Italy). There's food available for purchase 24x7. The front desk is loaded with many varieties of dessert for takeaway or to eat and soda. Service is good not 4or5star, adequate.

I like the breakfast setup. It feels like a modern kitchen with tables and stools and seating outside too

Con: No bathtub, No microwave. Beds are on the firm side.

Visits: 10+

Room Tip: Rooms facing the fields are relaxing and of course ask for a higher floor during checkin.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your response. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We changed the breakfast options a couple of months ago and it is great to get the feedback that you enjoyed it. I hope that when you are in Jacksonville, you will come and stay with us again. We love our repeat guests.
Yours in Hospitality.
Stacy
Gourock, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2013

very pleased we chose this hotel, it was a lovely big room with separate sitting area and huge TV, staff were very friendly and helpful, breakfast was yummy (I can recommend the ham and egg on English muffin, already made up and waiting for you) and at the price we paid, amazing value!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Hyatt Place. We really try to exceed the expectations for our guests! I hope that if you are back in Jacksonville you will come and stay with us again. We love our repeat guests.

ohio
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We rarely stay at Hyatts but tried this one because of location and price. The people at the front desk were friendly. I had reserved an accessible room and they put us in a nonaccessible, but that was quickly remedied. The room was certainly big but just average as far as anything goes. The sink was in a weird spot, quite a ways from the bathroom across from the beds. I guess I expected a little more upper class from a Hyatt as far as furnishings and decor.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate your taking the time to let us know of your stay. I apologize if your stay was less than you expected.

We do have a different layout in some of our rooms and I would be pleased to assign you to one of these on your next trip.

Please contact me when you are back in the Jacksonville Airport area and I will be happy to assign you to one of these rooms.