“Great hotel!”

Ranked #29 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with a baseball team recently and the staff was very good to us. I can't say enough good things about them. I will definitely keep Hyatt Place in mind for future travels to Jax. Rooms were very spacious and the big flat screen was a nice addition. It was too cold out to enjoy the pool deck but I am sure it would have been nice also. The lobby has nice new trendy decor. The breakfast is a little more than continental , so that was nice also.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Kingston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from February 24 to March 1, 2013. I was attending a seminar and did not want to stay down-town Jacksonville where the seminar was held. After researching much I found this hotel. I am a very satisfied guest. The welcome was pleasant and quick. The room on the 6th floor was large, clean and comfortable - a work station, a big and comfortable sofa, AC, Iron, Ironing Board, a clean bathroom and was sink, a kitchen counter and refrigerator and a big 42" TV!. Everything on the website - was in the room. It did not disappoint. The continental breakfast had much variety - really one of the best I have seen in a long time. The Hotels Reps appeared to enjoy their jobs and gave the impression that they really cared about their welfare. I had a checkout glitch - the fault of my organisation - and they handled the matter with a great deal of professionalism. I do not know when I will be in Jacksonville again but if I return, provided that the standards are kept, I will return.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms higher up because of less trafficking. Hence the 6th floor!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We chose this hotel because it is near the "Big Cats" sanctuary. The sanctuary saves abandoned Big Cats. It has an incredible dozen or so tigers, lions and jaguars. It is run by a friendly fellow named Kurt who at the time we were there was living with several baby tigers to get them used to people.If you go, make sure you check the sanctuary's visiting schedule. Regarding the hotel -- the rooms are fine, the staff are helpful and the breakfast is more than sufficient.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Staunton, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

The hotel itself was lovely, easy to find, and very clean. After a full day on the road, the GIANT TV, big bed, and comfy sofa were just what we needed.

The staff was courteous and helpful and the breakfast in the morning was more than adequate.

The only complaint we had were 1. There was a large school(?) group staying there and so the lobby and elevators were full of children both as we checked in and checked out. Once in our room, however, everything was great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

It's been a while since I've stayed here and it was a great stay. I got a great group rate. The rooms are a good size, with a large "living" area with a couch, refrigerator, and desk. Free wi-fi is great. I would definitely stay here again. Only odd thing was that my room had no soap in it. Another person in our group didn't have any, either. The front desk provided full size bars of soap when asked, so I assume that they ran out. This hotel provides an airport shuttle and is very close to the airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Augusta, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Came in and out of JAX on a trip to St. Augustine Beach. Great location to the airport. Great variety in the area to accommodate needs. Traveling with two young children was simple here. Room was HUGE, comfortable and clean compared to some these days. Beds were comfortable and we had two great nights of sleep without a sound from the hall or outdoors bothering us. We will gladly use them again should the need arise.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Bonita Springs, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was excited and curious about staying at a Hyatt Place..never have stayed at one. I teach hospitality and tourism so like to try different types of hotels when traveling. On a positive note - the front desk staff and breakfast staff the next AM were friendly and professional. We checked in at 11:00 PM after a long drive - was told we got the last room - which was good to know since I had had a reservation on my credit card for a few months. And as I left the lobby area..a lady was at the front desk upset because she had a reservation and no rooms were left. Anyways, our room was not clean. The toilet seat was up, hand towel by the sink was dirty and crunchy, no shampoo or conditioner, a dime on the floor, dirty hand prints on the door and dust on the top of the sofa area. I was so exhausted and knew there were no other rooms...sprayed down the bathroom with Lysol (left in my daughters overnight kit from camp) and kept my fingers crossed for clean beds. The room was trendy and a great layout - but when a room is dirty...just ruins the whole thing. No excuse for a dirty room. Got up at 5:30 AM and went down to the desk to get shampoo/conditioner..the one thing I forgot to pack....took a quick shower..ate bkfast..and out the door we went to continue our trip. So not so sure I will stay at aHyatt Place again with the other options out there. For rooms in that price range...should have been clean.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Chris S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. I will admit, I am very surprised by your experience here! This is very abnormal for us and inexcusable. However, your review is very thorough and much appreciated as I will take the opportunity to use this as a training tool. Should you find yourself back in Jacksonville in the near future, I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Best Regards,