“Another Great Stay”

Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #21 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The only complaint I have with this location is the rooms at the end of the hall feature an odd layout compared to others where I have stayed. That is a minor issue at best. The front desk staff was hospitable and attentive. The food service provided was good including the late night dining. The beds were comfortable and the room spacious (bathrooms are small but that is a standard at Hyatt Place hotels based on my experiences). Good overall experience with a good location near the airport.

1  Thank magicandbird

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Hotel and Room was very nice, clean. After the first night of a 5 night stay for New Year's holiday, hotel ran out of regular coffee for the rooms. Also, had some trouble getting the bath towels replaced/restocked each day. Other than those two issues, everything else was fine. Very good shopping and restaurants nearby.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris S, Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Brian:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I apologize for the issues you experienced with regards to your guest room. You are correct, we did run out of coffee unfortunately and as a fellow coffee drinker, I can understand the disappointment! To make up for it, we kept our complimentary coffee hours open 24/7 down in the Gallery, but I completely understand that this is not as convenient as having it in your room. I have also addressed the issues with housekeeping to see how your room was overlooked and I am confident we have resolved the issue. Otherwise, I am pleased you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay and I look forward to hopefully being able to serve you again in the future.

Chris

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I chose this hotel based on the reviews. Upon my departure I will give another review to be fair. Upon arrival I noticed that the hotel need to be power washed, as the exterior was unkept. As we entered the lobby, there was a stale odor, like a wet dirty rug, and the window and door glasses were smeared where someone did make an attempt to clean the glass but failed. I always notice the cleanliness of a hotel first and this hotel clearly did not have cleanliness as a priority. The staff was very nice though. As we exited the elevator, the first thing I noticed was the dirty, stained carpet. Totally disgusting. The rooms were modern but again, there was not attention paid to the cleanliness of the room to my satisfaction. Such as, the walls had dark marks on them that could have been easily removed with a Mr. Clean Eraser, and the sofa was stained and the leather chair was dirty. Overall, I think that the hotel can be very nice, but the housekeeping and management is not up to par. For this place to be a Hyatt I was very surprised at the initial experience. The management seems to be one that would be expected at an EconoLodge, or a hotel of that standard. I do not want to spend over a hundred dollars a night to smell a stale hotel and look at dirty carpet and walls. But who knows, maybe the free breakfast will make up for all of this........ We'll see. As of now, I would not recommend this hotel at the price asking. You can get this for about 40 dollars cheaper a night.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kisabella
Chris S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Kisabella,

Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention. We only get one chance to make a first impression and I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on your first visit with us. We are in the process of replacing the exterior molding as it has recently turned color due to a malfunction in the material that the hotel was built with. We have a scent machine that is built into the air conditioner, I will have our engineer see if it is malfunctioning and correct the issue. As far as your room, there is no excuse for the marks and other imperfections to be there! We take pride in being an ultra clean hotel and we will not accept anything less. Again, thank you for your thorough review and please know that these issues will be addressed and corrected.

Chris

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed the night here while traveling through Jacksonville. Hotel was very clean and the staff was very polite and helpful. The room was comfortable and breakfast was great. I am a big fan of Hyatt Place hotels and have stayed at various ones throughout the south. The Hyatt Place in Jacksonville did not dissapoint.

Room Tip: I always ask for a corner room on the top floor when I stay at a Hyatt Place if available. These roo...
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel on my way to Miami. Great breakfast (free), excellent internet speed, huuuuge rooms (we were 4 with room to spare), friendly staff and only paid $76. I'm a hilton honors member and the nearby hilton refused to match the Hyatt price so u stayed here and plan on becoming a regular Hyatt guest.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Stopped here after a 20 hour drive - very large room and full hot breakfast...clean but bathtub needs repair or replacement (cracked) and a piece of the baseboard was missing near the bed. Other than that, a clean, modern room with a living area and large pullout couch bed. More than enough room for all 5 of us (2 adults, 3 kids). Close to I-95 + Couldn't beat the $80 price! Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stopped here while traveling to Fort Lauderdale, driving from Virginia. It was very nice, a great staff, breakfast, and an excellent value. The closeness to interstate 95 was nice after a long drive.