“Fantastic hotel, great staff”

Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #26 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Titusville
“Fantastic hotel, great staff”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is a hotel you dream to stay at: from the very beginning you feel really welcomed- fantastic staff work at Hyatt Place, they are kind, helpful and doing their best to make you comfortable (especially kind man from Colombia- thank you!). Rooms are very clean, spacious with free wi-fi. Breakfast is plentiful- it is actually a buffet with many kinds of food and drinks. We have found it accidentally on our last day in Jacksonville before going back home. It is a pity that it was so late… It was really great stay and if I ever visit again this part of US- I definitely stay there again. Our room was 64$/night with breakfast and parking (free).

Room Tip: You can try to find a newspaper with hotel discounts, with this one we got 20 $ less than regular pr...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Miami, FL
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here for 50 nights this year (not all in a row) while preparing to relocate for a new job. The rooms are large and comfortable, the internet is fast, housekeeping did a great job keeping my room clean, and the staff was always friendly and very accommodating.

After a week or 2 I learned which rooms I liked best and it was always blocked for me whenever I returned for another stay. The staff greeted me by name and took really good care of me.

They make a big deal about their breakfast which is pretty good but I didn't take advantage of it much. Their breakfast sandwiches aren't as good as their promotion makes them out to be. But I did enjoy the oatmeal most days.

And I love that they have food available 24x7.

I recommend the Hyatt Place in Jax.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, GA
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I just returned from an almost week long stay in Jacksonville. We stayed at the Hyatt Place the whole time. For the most part it was a really nice stay. The bed was the most comfortable of all Hyatt hotels we've ever stayed with the exception of the Grand Hyatt in Kauai (which is about as good as it gets.)

There was only one real problem with our stay and that was one of the days the room was not cleaned. I let the front desk know and the gentleman at the desk was very apologetic and brought us some clean towels and washcloths. The only other small negative is that the wall paper in the bathroom is peeling and looks very worn.

The little lady that works at the breakfast every morning was extremely helpful in trying to help us get something to eat as we need gluten-free foods. It was encouraging as Hyatt is not really that great on assisting with food allergies, especially at Hyatt Place.

All in all it was a good stay. The people are helpful and friendly that work there.

Room Tip: Call ahead to this hotel as they are very helpful when you do.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RaginCajun79
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The hotel was beautiful and clean. Tthe staff were all extemely friendly. The room was very nice with comfortable bed and couch. The breakfast food was great and got me going. See you again next year!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dan M
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed there during the thanksgiving holiday on my way to south Florida. The hotel was nice and clean. It had a modern feel with comfortable bed and couch. The breakfast was one of the best parts. I will be stopping by there again next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Robert E
Houston
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was the nicest hotel for the price. It had more than what I expected, it was immaculate, the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. I will ALWAYS look for a Hyatt Place from now on...nothinng else compares!

Room Tip: The room was HUGE. More than enough space. Very comfortable!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Kincardine, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed here overnight on our way to Fort Lauderdale and will stay again next April when we visit again. The hotel is lovely and clean and the staff extemely friendly. The mushroom brie soup is worth the visit!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple