“Amazing hotel. Clean,friendly, and Nathan is awesome.”

Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park
Ranked #1 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This hotel is located on a beautiful lake where you can watch the sunrise. Extremely clean and new. Rooms are great, but the service is simply amazing. Nathan, front desk supervisor, makes every single guest feel important.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the corner on the east side of hotel - best view of the lake.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Brett D, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

I appreciate your kind words about the hotel, service and Nathan! My team strives hard to deliver exceptional service and I'm glad it's noticed. I will pass along your comments to them and Nathan as well as you are correct, he is a superstar and makes us shine! Hope to see you next time you're in Jacksonville!

Reviewed April 15, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel and found it absolutely wonderful! This is the first review I have ever taken the time to write for a hotel. I am writing it so that other people can read and know how amazing this hotel is! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were beautifully decorated and felt very clean. Everything seemed very new. You could smell the scent of new carpet in the hallways. Very nice bathroom and comfy bed. Nice sized hotel room and had a beautiful view of the lake. Loved the fact that the room had laminate flooring! I love when hotels do that. It just makes the room feel cleaner. This hotel is also in a great location and located behind a very nice little shopping/restaurant area. You can step out the front door and walk 20 steps to all kinds of little restaurants and shops. I would definitely stay here again if I am ever back in Jacksonville. Lovely experience all around. If you are unsure where to stay in Jacksonville (as we were) stay here!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Brett D, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! My team works hard at keeping the hotel clean and fresh so I will certainly share your comments with them! We hope to see you next time you are in Jacksonville!

Reviewed April 15, 2012

This was the second stay at this hotel! It is so beautiful and the rooms are so clean! The front-desk checkin was very friendly. The only comment on the negative side; a friendly personality in the coffee / breakfast area would have been nice. Not impressed with such a snooty attitude! This location is close to the St. John's Town Center! I would never pass up an opportunity to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Brett D, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thank you for your comments about our property! I am glad to hear you returned and ensure you I will pass along your comments to my Food and Beverage team so we may greet all Guest's properly. See you next time you're in Jacksonville!

Reviewed April 11, 2012

My family was in Jacksonville on business, staying 9 nights, the 3 of us sharing a room with 2 double beds. The beds were comfortable and the room was nicely decorated with a nice entrance & large shower. We were given a room overlooking the lake, but we left early to work & returned late, so weren't able to enjoy the view. Our only complaint was that we had requested an extra desk chair, which was promised to us 3 times & never delivered. It's just difficult to have only one chair with 3 people. We would still stay again though.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Brett D, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

We appreciate your comments. I am sorry to hear we fell short on getting you another desk chair. I apologize and want you to know should you return, please let us know in advance and we'll make sure it's there for you!

Reviewed April 9, 2012

My stay at Hotel Indigo created a bit of drama but all I can say is I am extremely grateful and impressed with the staff at Hotel Indigo. I had to travel to Jacksonville for a funeral and needed to bring my dog with me. Being the week before Easter and on short notice, I was already thankful that I discovered a pet friendly hotel on such short notice. The hotel itself is convientely located and is very clean and modern. My drama began about an hour and half after check in when I attempted to take my dog out for a walk. I already new my dog had an issue with stairs but he had historically no problems with elevators until now. I spent the next 24 hours attempting to convince, cajole, bribe and beg a 174lb Great Dane to get into the elevator. My dog and I became the attraction of Hotel Indigo with numerous guests coming by to take pictures and offer their input. With the assistance of some direction from my veternarian's office, I was able to get my Great Dane to at least stand in front of the elevator doors. This was a major accomplishment considering just an hour earlier he was on the floor shaking with fear. After a couple of hours of trying to get him into the elevator itself, and with attempts from a friend of the front desk who came by with her dog, one of the front desk team observed that my dog would get to the door of the elevator and sniff and then pull back. If there was a smell that he couldn't get past lets try to make it smell better. So we retrieved the comforter from my minivan that he sleeps on and the front desk had the restaraunt cook a steak. With the comforter on the floor and the steak in the corner of the elevator we enticed him in and finally got him downstairs and outside. It had been 24 hours since he had been outside to take care of business. Although I missed the funeral due to this drama, I can;t speak highly enough of the support, assistance and empathy of the front desk team at Hotel Indigo.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Brett D, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. I was so glad we could assist. We hope you will visit us again when returning to Jacksonville!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have now stayed at this hotel 4 times (for various trips) and I am always happy with my visits. The locstion is very nice, in the middle of a mixed-use area. Only about 5 minutes from the St. Johns Town Center, with enough shops and restaurants to cover any budget or diet. The rooms are fabulous, especially whe compared to any other hotel along the I-95 corridor. I really like the hardwood floor and the nice television. In 4 stays, I have only ever gotten coffee at the restaurant, so I can't accurately comment on the restaurant. The pool area is nice, and there are plenty of spaces to walk dogs. If you are looking for a good value in Jax, this hotel is a pretty sure bet.

• Stayed: January 2012
Brett D, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2012

Thank you for returning to our property! It's great see that you have enjoeyd yourself and we really appreciate your business! We hope to see you again next time you're in Jacksonville!

Reviewed March 26, 2012

This is a great hotel. Very clean and modern in common areas and the rooms. The bathroom was nice, modern, and had a huge shower with a nice showerhead. The king bed was comfortable enough, not impressive but far from the worst. Laminate hard woods floors in the room were a different, yet nice touch. The view from the room was also nice, overlooking, a small lake. A frig in the room would have made it that much better.

The hotel was in Tapestry Park, which is a small center of shops and restaurants but the larger St. Johns Town center is less than a 5 minute drive away with many more options for stores and restaurants. One day, I went on a jog to St. Johns Town Center and back as the weather was great. It's a very pleasant neighborhood, business district but very nice and scenic.

The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was good so I recommend the extra few dollars for the breakfast package.

The place also had a small pool and hot tub which I did not use but it looked nice. The fitness room was very small but the equipment was nice and the room was very well maintained providing towels and filtered water to drink. Parking and wifi were free, although on this trip, I did not connect to the internet, it was too nice to be stuck in the room in the evenings!

Overall, a very nice hotel on Jacksonville's southside. One of my better stays in the area and I have stayed at 4 other hotels in the downtown area. I would highly recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: If available, ask for a lake view room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank drivenjr
Brett D, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

I appreciate your positive comments about our hotel! My Team takes great pride in keeping the property fresh and providing exceptional service. I will make sure to share your comments with them. I hope you stay with us again in the near future, we appreciate your business and feedback!