I stayed at this hotel with my spouse and two small dogs as an overnight stop before continuing on a road trip to the Florida Panhandle.
I selected this hotel because they accept pets, and due to its close proximity to Whole Foods where we could buy provisions for our week at the beach. In addition to WF, there is a Publix grocery store (I love those Publix subs!!!!) a Target, several businesses and restaurants nearby.
The hotel was much nicer and comfortable than I expected. Nice spacious (for DC standards) King room with a pleasing color scheme (orange, yellow) mini fridge, microwave, computer desk, flat screen TV, free wireless, granite vanity, and faux hardwood at the entrance of the room and in the bathroom.
The mattress was firmer than I am used to, but we were able to sleep well. The hotel also provides breakfast which consists of the usual continental fare: coffee, cereal, bagels, boiled eggs, waffle machine, etc. The breakfast area was small but clean, and there was a friendly staff member to provide assistance and keep the area clean. We ate breakfast around 8:00 am, so there is no telling how busy the breakfast area gets later on.
Of course the hotel is not without its faults, but I am not expecting perfection from a La Quinta Inn. For instance, the wall paper on the hallway had several uneven patches where the hotel tried to fix tears or holes, but which work looked shoddy. In the bathroom, I saw some yellow mold spots in the ceiling, which the cleaning staff could easily clean with either mold remover or Clorox.
Additionally, the wireless signal was very weak in our room, and we were unable to do anything more than slowly check our emails. Finally, for a hotel that accepts pets, there were not enough trash cans by the grassy areas. It would be nice if they had some dog potty stations with poopy bags and trash cans around the property.
Overall, I would have no qualms recommending this hotel, and will definitely stay here again if we repeat this road trip in the future. For the location and all the amenities we got this hotel was an excellent deal!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEW! Flat-panel TVs with 30 channels of HD programming. Easy-access Plug-and-Play feature makes it simple to connect electronics.The La Quinta Inn & Suites Jacksonville Mandarin - San Jose features free high-speed Internet access and more! This newly renovated hotel is conveniently located off I-295 in the suburbs of Mandarin, just minutes from the Jacksonville Navy Air Station. Do not miss area attractions like the Museum of Science & History. Enjoy a variety of nearby restaurants, including a few within walking distance, and shopping at Avenues and Orange Park Malls. In just a short drive, reach Jacksonville Beach and the beaches of St. Augustine. The sports and entertainment venues of Alltel Stadium are only 10 miles. We are not far from Orange Park Medical Center and Baptist Hospital. For "Best in Class" service and amenities, come to the La Quinta Inn & Suites Jacksonville Mandarin - San Jose, where the fun begins with a delicious Free Bright Side BreakfastTM each morning in the lobby along with your copy of USA Today. All rooms have secure interior corridor entrances. Hotel services include a guest Laundry Facility and a 24-front desk with available fax/copy services. When you are ready to kick back, take a plunge in our sparkling outdoor pool or grab an energizing workout in the fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Jacksonville Mandarin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Jacksonville Mandarin Hotel Jacksonville
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Jacksonville Mandarin
- La Quinta Jacksonville
- Mandarin Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Mandarin
- Jacksonville La Quinta