“Excellant staff, breakfasts and service.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville
Ranked #30 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellant staff, breakfasts and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Price is great for the service included. Staff is pleasant, breakfasts great... right down to the little mints on the nightstand. Fabulous gal was Shawnessy. I was having problems with a reservation made on phone threw another company and she stood by me and straightened it all out. She goes above and beyond to please the guests. Don't lose her.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SirWilliamOwinCape
cisjaxfl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review, we strive to do our best and I definitely will share these great comments with Shawnessy, she is a major asset to our company. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope that we will see you again in the future.

Thanks
Chirag Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Orlando, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

My employer requires that I travel frequently and on a recent assignment to Jacksonville, I chose the Country Inn because it was close to the site I was working on and the price was in line with my budget. Upon checking in a young man was working the front desk and checked me in. The check in process seemed to take about 10 minutes while the front desk clerk told me about his personal life and how he needed a credit card.

Once checked in the room and hotel seemed to be clean if a little dated. I had no troubles during my stay however after I checked out I noticed that I had been charged $135.48, in addition to the room rate of $148 for two nights for my stay which was booked and paid for through Hotels.com.

I contacted the hotel once I arrived home and they told me that my card was charged twice for incidentials in error. At this point it has been over a week since my stay and my money still has not been returned.

I have another assignment in Jacksonville this coming week and I did NOT book with Country Inn again because of their irresponsible handling of my funds.

Room Tip: Do not give them a credit card to place incidentials on...better to give them a cash deposit. They...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rich G
Good Afternoon Mr. Rich G.,

It sounds like you booked your room on a 3rd party website Expedia, Hotels.com etc. It is a policy of the hotel to authorize a card for incidentals. I would like to rectifiy the situation because we are not a fraudelent business where just double charge people. We you actually charged the 135.48 or was it just held on the card that you provided at check in?? Did the authorization drop off?? Please give me a call at 904-772-7771 so we can further discuss this and that we can make sure you are satisfied with the outcome of the situation.

Chirag Patel
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed in this hotel while visiting friends over in Ponte Vedra. We chose it because we know the continental breakfasts at Country Inn & Suites are great. We were definitely not disappointed. Very good choices and lots of variety. Scrambled eggs, seasoned potatoes, bacon, oatmeal, cereal, toast, etc. Very friendly and helpful staff in the breakfast room. Go early as it fills up fast and only has about 8-10 tables. Breakfast is from 7-10:30 which is nicer than some that end at 9.
Hotel was immaculate inside and out, very pretty and nicely furnished. We stayed in the rooms that have the king bed in one room with a door and then a couch and chair in the front area that folds out into a bed. Perfect for us since we had one of our children's friends with us. It gave us adults some privacy while changing and sleeping.
Pool is posted that it is only open until 6 but if you ask at the front desk they can keep it open longer for you with no problem. Front desk even let my daughter use their inner tube which was very nice. Pool is not huge but is a nice relief to the heat and is located on the east side of the hotel so it is shaded in the late afternoon.
Staff was great and very accommodating when we needed extra towels, shampoo and conditioner.
Room was clean, neat and had everything we needed.
Pillows were awful though :( Not sure why but it seems all the Country Inns we have stayed at have the same pillows? Bring your own though, seriously, or you may not sleep well. I am not that picky but these made my head feel like a bowling ball when I laid down. My head sunk all the way to the bottom. Fortunately my husband had brought his from home so I was able to sleep.
Otherwise, I would recommend this to anyone. Plenty of places to eat and shop around it as well as easy on/off of main interstate which made it fast to get to our friends' house.
Jordan was awesome! As was Shaughnessy (I think that was her name?). Shaughnessy was the desk clerk when we checked in and was fabulous. She did tell us all about the Carlton Club and was able to sign us up (it's free) so we could gain points from that stay. I appreciate that since I did not know about it at the hotel we stayed at the previous night. She gave us the option of a 2nd or 3rd floor room and we took the 2nd floor. Heard a little noise from room above (toilets) but otherwise it was quiet.
Jordan was the evening desk manager and was absolutely fabulous at accommodating our extra towel and amenities needs. Very nice and happy to help in any way he could.
We would definitely stay here again when we come back down this way.

Room Tip: room 216 was quiet and clean
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SCZAR
cisjaxfl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you so much for these kind words about or Staff and property. I will definitely be posting this for the whole staff to see. Words like these help us keep wanting to do better for our guests. I will also print this out and give copies to Jordan and Shawnessy, to give them accolades for their great service. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Jacksonville area.
Tipp City, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very updated, clean, quiet, priced right, great staff--obviously we were very pleased with our visit. We had a very good breakfast. We attended a wedding at the Continental Club just a few miles away--so great location for us. I appreciated the fresh fruit in the lobby. Everything was very classy and we had a good night's sleep. We would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank laurelboo
cisjaxfl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words about our hotel I will definitely share this with the staff. Comments like these help us keep doing what we are doing on a day to day basis and make us want to do better everyday for our guests.

Thanks you so much!
Taylors, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We spent one night on our way to St. Augustine and Legoland at this hotel.

The room was a good size and had a refrigerator and microwave.We were able to get a top floor and didn't hear much noise in the evening.

We were surprised that the outside pool was only opened until 6 pm. I guess that is because it is very close to several guest rooms on the first floor.

It was an adequate breakfast and we always enjoy the cookies.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Maelrarny
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Very clean, great location, priced right, great staff--obviously we were very pleased with the 2 nights we stayed. Even had to make some changes due to medical changes, and they accommodated that also. They even call an hour after you check in to see if everything was fine, which it was. Also have a very good breakfast included, and cookies avalable for a snack. Would definitely stay again!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Partsman123
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Okay I will start with the ONLY negative, the hallways feel like a furnace & it's July. But considering the fact I won't be sleeping in the hallway I can overlook this.
The rooms are really clean. The check in was smooth. Staff was very friendly. Never, in all my years have I had the front desk call an hour after I check in to see if my room was to my satisfaction==great customer service.
Very convenient location with several places to eat very nearby.
I'm very picky with my hotel staying & I would recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sherleej
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Blvd
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Orange Park
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South
Baymont Inn & Suites Jacksonville

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville? Share your experiences!