Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsseven bridgesmovie theaterjohn's town centerbusiness travelfront desk staffroom was cleannice hotelparking lotlobby areawould stay here againwalking distancebreakfast buffetstaff was very friendly and helpfulexcellent staya great place to stayfitness centerupon check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 11, 2014

This is an average HGI. Let me say the location is great and staff is friendly. I usually choose HGI when traveling, which is 3 times per month. I asked for an upgrade, which I did receive from the extremely nice front desk clerk. Unfortunately, the upgraded room (528) was less than HGI standards. The bed was horrible. I can usually adjust the HGI bed to my liking, but it was just two big sinkholes on both sides. It was on a metal rolling foundation and the box springs were squeaky. Terrible. The room needed a thorough cleaning. the bathroom still had hair in the tub and the faucets were for lack of a better word....cruddy. The grout in the tub needed cleaned/redone. My toiletries kept rolling onto the floor. I saw the problem was the granite coutertop was on a pretty big slope toward the floor. That would explain the 1+ inch of caulk(poorly done) used to "disguise" the defect. That needs addressed. I made the mistake of looking under the bed/dresser- tones of dust. Under the heating/AC unit were exposed wires and more than just dust. The staff was extrememly nice, the lobby was clean and modern. I think I just got a dud room. I hope they can switch the mattress and let me know. I would like to try this property again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
VLADIMIR V, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Dear infinit88,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and take your feedback very seriously. Please accept my sincere aplogies for the inconvenience during your stay, particularly the condition of your room. I want to assure you that our maintenance department has resolved the deficincies and the cleanliness issues have been addressed with our housekeeping department accordingly.
I hope that you will choose us again when you are visiting the area!

At your service,

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were doing a road trip from NYC to Fort Lauderdale and Jacksonville was our final stop. The Hilton Garden Inns always offer great value and this one was no exception. Extremely happy with the whole experience.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Great Hilton Garden Inn. We have stayed at many across the country, this is one of the best we have stayed in. A great staff at this hotel. Manager, desk clerk, cook. Very professional desk clerk. I am sure she will be running a Hilton hotel soon. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2013

For the price, Hilton Garden Inn is a fabulous hotel to stay in as the decor is very refreshing and inspiring! It sits right in Tinseltown where you can walk to restaurants and the movie theater for food, drinks and fun. Best place to go whether traveling solo or with family.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Dear Karen W,

Thank you for review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to get familiar with the area while visiting. Your kind words are greatly appreciated and we hope to see you back soon!

Thank you!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

This hotel is like 'Home away from Home'! The staff is so accomodating to guests, wonderful breakfasts, and amenities. As a Hilton Honors member, I am always treated specially. Breakfasts are great and location is very convenient to my Corporate Headquaters in Jacksonville, FL. A delightful experience

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Lynn G,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Your feedback is greatly appreciate it and we are expecting you to visit us again in the future.

Thank you for your business!