“Business Travel for 2 nights”

Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park
Ranked #14 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Cary, North Carolina
“Business Travel for 2 nights”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

The Hilton brand is one of the preferred hotels for my employer so I find myself visiting a Hilton more often than other chains. Due to my last visit at a Hilton (in a different state), I was surprised, (more like relieved) that this location was clean and very welcoming upon my arrival. The front desk staff was very pleasant and I found it "comforting" to have management onsite even when I didn't need them. My room was clean (saw a cobweb on the wall near the ac unit) but that didn't bother me since the carpet was stain free, there was no dust on the furniture or tv, the sheets were impeccable (no hairs or stains!) and the bathroom was very clean. I could tell that housekeeping took the time to clean the room because they actually swept the bathroom floor!

Internet is complimentary but the wireless connection was a little unstable when attempting to connect through my company's VPN. However, I could use the wireless just fine with my iPhone.

Although breakfast is not included in the price of the room, there was a variety of cold and hot selections. The servers were GREAT! They were very hospitable and available to meet everyone's needs.

The location is perfect as it is near a lot of restaurants and shopping.

Kudos to the staff and management at this location! I was very impressed with your service and the condition of the property. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor near the elevator and surprisingly no noise!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
bobarndt, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you so much! Were glad you enjoyed our hotel!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Grangemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Excellent customer service. My travel agent had made a mess of our booking and hotel had no record of our visit. Hotel staff put us up in room with minimum fuss within 5 mins and sorted it all out with our travel agent. Waiting staff all very efficient and friendly. Thoroughly reccomend this hotel

• Stayed May 2012
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here 3 nights while visiting friends in town and attending the shrimp festival. Great location near restaurants and movies. 9 miles to beach too. We will be back soon.

• Stayed May 2012
bobarndt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
So glad you enjoyed your stay! Thanks so much!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

It's about 14 miles from downtown, I would not stay there for business downtown, but for something you need in the area it is very nice and clean. I am a hilton diamond member and was please with everything.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Cape Canaveral, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

On a recent trip we had a night to spend in Jacksonville and chose this hotel. We were so glad we did. The staff was so friendly and wonderful to deal with! As we were going to check out we passed an employee in a maintenance type uniform who took the time to stop, smile and wish us a Good Morning.The rooms were perfect! The pool was a nice way to relax in the afternoon.

We had a so-so experience in Jacksonville itself, but the hotel was so nice that it made up for the trip! If I am ever in this area again I would look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
bobarndt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent stay! Were glad you enjoyed it and we'll see you next time!!
Casselberry, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

Only comment I have is bathroom toilet flushes poorly

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank rina2009
Im glad you enjoyed your stay and I apologize for the issue you experienced in bathroom! I looked up your room information while you were here and we have resolved the problem! Thanks again and we'll see you next time!
FLORIDA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

On a recent night out we stayed at this location and have to say that the above and beyond attitude of the entire staff was exceptional. We picked this location because it was near restaurants, movies and shopping. Exceptional stay and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oudda63
So glad you enjoyed your stay here! We apprectiate the great feedback and we'll see you next time!!