“Friendly staff”

Ranked #104 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed November 8, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super8central, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Jacksonville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Reviewed November 5, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super8central, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Jacksonville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Reviewed November 1, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 19, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed only for one night and I would rather sleep in a car. First of all I reserved a room with a king size bed and with a microwave and refrigerator i even had a printed sheet that said that. When I entered the room I saw that there was no microwave and refrigerator in a room so I went to the front desk and they said that I did not request it, though it was on my reservation sheet. I asked for the refund and they did not want to give me money back. It was 10 p.m and I was so tired that I just agreed for a double beds room with a micro and fridge. Room was terrible. Blenkets were dirty and had holes in it. Refrigerator was dirty and had bugs inside. I wanted to make a cup of coffee but when I opened a coffee maker it looks like it has never been washed, iron was dirty and did not get hot. I did not even take a shower because it was moldy and dirty. When I went outside just to smoke a cigarette I saw a hooker talking to my brother. This is ridiculous!!!! I did not sleep all night ,I even heard people talking about drugs next to my room. I woke up at 6 o'clock and left I could not stay any longer. The reason I stayed there was because it was too late and I had an interview early in a morning. I will never stay there!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

We apologize for any and all inconveniences you had at our property. We do have security on staff in the evening to ensure our guest are safe. I have brought the issues mentionted to the attention of staff in each particular department. I do work hard with my staff to ensure that these issues are not re-occuring. Our micro/fridges are based on availabilty. We do hope you return in the future for a more pleasant experience.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I'm not kidding about the title. Our stay there was terrifying. All around the perimiter one could easily find drug dealers & hookers (who approached one of the members of my collegues offering to "make him feel real good"). The room was a nightmare. The toilet did not function, the sink handle broke in my hand when turned on, the carpet was moist, the bath towels were the size of dish rags, the room smelled extrememly bad...and to TOP IT ALL OFF we were bitten alive by what appears to have been BED BUGS! Hopefully, we have not contracted anything else from our stay and I must warn everyone DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Rooms are infested with bed bugs and the entire perimiter had hookers and drug dealers around.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Phoenix D
super8central, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Jacksonville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

We would like to apolagize for any inconvenience you had at our hotel. We take bed bugs very seriously, as it is an issue in the hotel industry. We have contacted the pest control service to address this issue. We do have security on site, and survellance camera's on the property to ensure the safety of our guest's. I work hard with my staff to make sure our guest have a pleasant stay. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I guess the old saying you get what you pay for is true. I did get a reduced rate because I am a Wyndham employee but this hotel is awful. I picked it based on the previous reviews. We stayed two nights only because that is what I budgeted our vacation for. The faucet in the sink was dirty, carpet coming up in the corners, pillows were so flat, some of them even had places that looked like they had gotten hot, Ac was not good the first night, hot all night, the next night was ok. It is not in a good neighborhood, but they do have it gated off and only one way in and out and a security guard, but it looks scary around there. Hardly anything for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

I would like to apologize for the issues you had at our hotel. If we were notified of the issue, we will handle it in a timely manner or relocate you to a more acommodating room. We have recently upgraded our breakfast with waffles, yogurt, oatmeal and cinnamon roll's. We hope you will give us another chance the next time you're in Jacksonville.