“For the price - great value”

Days Inn Jacksonville Baymeadows
Ranked #109 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
London, United Kingdom
“For the price - great value”
Reviewed April 13, 2009

Ok. First of all i want to clarify a few things about the negative points people have left on here. Me and my girlfriend are both college students and were looking for somewhere to stay relatively near the beach for as cheap as possible. We paid $35 a night for this hotel, so 3 nights for including tax was $120 between the two of us; great value.
Firstly, i will address some of the things people exaggerated on here. The hotel looks very old, paint faded/peeling on the inside, low ceiling in the bathroom etc. These are bad points if you paid a lot of money for a hotel and want to nitpick, but in reality it changes nothing about staying there.
Secondly, the hotel was VERY clean. No bugs, no stains, and whatever else people had a problem with. My room was perfect, and extremely large too, we were in the king size room and it was one of the biggest hotel rooms i've stayed in.
Thirdly, and this is the one that really surprised me the most was people complaining it was in a bad area???!!! Did you even stay here?? For everyone who hasn't, the hotel is located just off the interstate in a BUSINESS PARK. As in, the only things around it were 3 other hotels, and a few fast food places. And not to mention these places looked nice and clean AND had a big lake with fountains in the front of it, which also was clean. I expected a bad place, but was absolutely flabbergasted when i saw it. There is no housing, or anything to make the place 'bad'. Ridiculous.
The rest of the hotel itself was pleasant, pool was clean and so was the general lobby area and the staff were friendly, and checking in was a breeze. The breakfast wasn't anything to write home about (get there early or you miss out) but again i want to emphasize i paid $35 DOLLARS A NIGHT!. It had bagels, waffles, cereals, yoghurts etc. No cooked food, but you can toast anything you want.
Oh and finally the hotel DOES have free wifi, and free parking.
Never had a problem at all with staying here, and you seriously should ignore the ridiculous reviews people have given on here. Yes the hotel is old, but it is CLEAN. And it is certainly NOT in a bad area.
I would stay here again for the price if i ever go back to Jacksonville

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Eastern USA
Reviewed March 19, 2009

Stayed for several days - eldercare at Mayo Clinic nearby. NO MAID SERVICE for the first three days. Finally got more soap & towels at the desk. Note - they advertise "wireless internet" - it is only available in the lobby. Breakfast - fair/poor. Room & bathroom - clean.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Milwaukee
Reviewed January 16, 2009

While on a multi-week trip stayed at multiple La Quinta properties in different states. Was feeling comfortable with the chain.......then we checked into this property; although looking a little tired we went with it. Within 10 minutes of being in the room we found cockroaches crawling on the walls. The staff let us out of the stay (I'll be checking my credit card) with some argument because of the "bugs"

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
south florida
Reviewed October 21, 2008

This hotel is horrible. Even for a one night stay. It started right at the door to my room when my card wouldn't open the door. i had to go back to the front desk had to come and let me in. I asked her what if I needed to go back out for anything. She told me to come back to the desk and they would let me back in. (Are you kidding me?) I get into my room and it was dirty. There was a halfeaten candy bar sitting on top of the T.V., the bathroom had hair and other unidentified gook on the shower tub and floor, and there was a dirty ashtray in my "non-smoking" room! The two prostitutes I saw outside only added to the ambience. Overall, a bad experience. I would rather sleep in my car!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
Florida
Reviewed July 31, 2008

We were driving up the East Coast from Miami. We decided to spend the night since it was 8 pm and raining. We've stayed at other La Quinta's and enjoyed our experience so we decided to give it a try. The hotel is nothing impressive. Just a regular two story with outside hallways. The lobby was nice and clean and the staff at the desk was very nice. We got our room on the second floor by the pool. No elevators so you have to lug your luggage up. The room itself was very spacious. We had a table so we could sit and eat dinner before sleeping. The shower area was a little cramped but served its purpose. The mattresses were old and we all tossed about a bit but when you're tired you eventually fall asleep. AC worked fine - kept everyone cool. Breakfast the next morning was Eggo waffles and some cereal -- not really up to the La Quinta standards we're used to -- and the breakfast area was cramped. All in all -- a place to sleep but I wouldn't stay more than a night. If we drive through again, we'll probably look for another hotel.

• Liked — Close to I-95
  • Disliked — Old hotel
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed May 18, 2008

My daughter had a field trip to St Augustine Friday. Since it is a 3 hour drive we decided to make a weekend out of it. I checked out all the hotels in St Augustine but none had what we wanted (a 1 bedroom suite that allows small dogs) so I found one in Jacksonville. DH dropped me off in St. Augustine and headed to Jacksonville to check in.(checked tripadvisor and it had great reviews) Of course they would not let him check in early so he had to wait and since he had our dog there was not much to do so he sat in the car. DH calls me and tells me that the area looks nice but ppl keep asking him to use his phone or if he wants to buy this or that and he is not sure if we should stay. I told him to do what he feels comfortable with and we stayed. DH picks my DD and I up in St. Augustine and DD is dieing to get to the pool but it starts pouring down rain. (it was so hot all day and not one drop of rain until we want to go swimming:sad2:) We go to the hotel to drop the dog off and then we left to get something to eat while we wait for it to stop raining. We get back parked right in front of our room window so we can watch the car (the car is brand new and DH's baby:rotfl: )and some man comes up to us and asks if we have a wire coat hanger he wants to buy for $20:eek: we tell him no and then he tells the person on the phone that he did not have the extra $4 he needed.....so what was he going to do with the coat hanger??:confused3 Our room was the suite (they only have 2 at this hotel) right above the office. When we get to the room DH's key card does not work so he heads for the office to get a new one. When he goes to the office he said the guy at the front desk kept looking at him funny but we thought oh well lets get ready and go to the pool. So we start getting our suits on and there is a LOUD knock at the door. DH was dressed but DD and I were not so he goes to the door to find 2 cops that grab him and throw him against the wall. (I have no idea what is going on b/c I am in the bedroom getting dressed) They start telling DH that the front desk guy told them we had guns and drugs in the room!!!!:scared1: The cops tell him to let them in the room and DH tells them that we are in there getting dressed they will have to wait. Well they keep banging on the door and at this point I am almost dressed and DD still is not so I go to the door to let DH in to find the cops!! They ask me if everyone is dressed and I tell them no we will be right out. I am like WTF did someone break into the car? (I did not know what they were there for yet) So I get DD dressed we go to the door and the cop yells at us to get by the wall! What for I said....he replyed IN FRONT of my 10y/o we know you have drugs and weapons in that room. I said you are crazy!!!! So they go in the room and flip it upside down find nothing. All they had to say was sorry have a nice stay!!! I have never been treated like that in my life we were guilty until they found nothing and very cocky and rude. We packed up so quick and got the hell out of there! But now my DD does not want anything to do with the police. And my family will NEVER stay in Jacksonville again! Oh when we got back and told everyone what happened we had at least 5 ppl say Jacksonville is so bad it is just full of prostitutes and druggies....that would have been nice to know BEFORE we went!!!!:rolleyes1 Sorry so long!! Oh and with all the drama I forgot to mention the 4 roaches we saw while putting our stuff back in our bags.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Getting accused of drugs and weapons!!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Gainesville
Reviewed March 31, 2008

Check in was great, very friendly, helpful lady. Room was clean, bathroom was spacious and bed was comfortable. Internet access worked great. I asked for Courtyard to avoid the road noise from -95.
I would have been better with the road noise. The courtyard is a tiny strip between two concrete structures parallel to each other. The partiers were up unti 3:30 and every laugh, scream, etc was channelled though the closed door. At 6:30am the kids's soccer team was up practicing loudly in the courtyard while their chaperones nursed hangovers?
If I stayed again I'd try to get a room facing away from 95 and not in the courtyard.

• Liked — Friendy check in
  • Disliked — Need for soundproofing between structures. Heavy foliage plantings might help
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple