“cozy, clean and safe.”

Knights Inn Jacksonville Baymeadows
Ranked #113 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed December 21, 2010

Great front staff, cleaning staff and Security staff!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank af13743488

Reviewed December 9, 2009

There was 4 of us and a dog, the room smelled as if it were strictly for pets. Would prefer not to stay here again and wouldn't recommend it to others.

• Stayed: February 2009
3  Thank sabrinajo
Reviewed August 7, 2009

If it wasn't for the fact that three exhausted kids were travelling with us, I would have left immediately. The room smelled of mold. I suspect that there was flooding and that the carpet got wet and was never replaced. The smell made me sick, and it took hours the next day before I could erase it from my memory.
I asked for a non-smoking room and was given one with an ash tray and a bedspread with a cigarette burn.
When I was checking out, another gentleman was asking for his money back because "the room smelled of wet dog".
Yes, this is a budget motel, but is a clock radio too much to ask for?
I know that restaurants must pass inspections to remain open. I'm wondering if motel rooms must pass a similar inspection. If so, this motel would not pass.
Take my advice, pay the extra $10 (only $5 extra if you are a CAA/AAA member) and stay at a Days Inn (as we did the next night) and get a clean room, a clock radio, a blow dryer and breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank seeNAOakville
Reviewed August 7, 2009

One look and we decided not to stay. In the room less than 30 seconds. Yes, it was cheap. The night duty clerk could not give us a refund, even though she had run our card less that 2 minutes prior. Called the manager the next day, and they refused a refund claiming they have a nonrefund policy. Motel 6 said this is a franchised Motel and they would have to investigate. Don't go there. These folks definitely had their lights out.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank consultant102
Reviewed March 28, 2009

I spent one night at this Motel 6. It cost me about $40.00. It was what I would expect from a Motel 6. The room was somewhat aged and the towels were a bit on the worn side but the room was clean and it was big. I think two queen beds had been in this room at one time but when I stayed there was just one bed. The grounds were well kept. The young man at the desk was very helpful and friendly. For $40.00 it was a good deal. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank VABOBCHESAPEAKE
Reviewed February 11, 2009

I was looking for a hotel new year's eve 2008. Little choice with the gator bowl on the first. Checked in and the first room they gave me had a toilet that was constantly flushing. The second room had a bed that was broken, a lock on the door that looked like it had been jimmied, and no soap. The staff was nice but otherwise it was pretty bad.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 21, 2008

I stayed at several Motels 6 during my Southern road trip. This one was the least nice of those I visited.

I have no illusions about what a Motel 6 will be like. When I book at a Motel 6, I’m not there for amenities, a great pool, or a sumptuous breakfast buffet. I’m there to sleep and shower.

Still, no matter how simple a motel room may be, I do expect that it be well maintained.

For the most part, the Jacksonville Motel 6 was. The motel’s exterior was well lighted and tidy. The room and bathroom were clean, and the bed was comfortable and free of bed bugs and other unsavory aspects. However, the floor gave me cause for alarm.

The floor? Huh?

To clarify, the carpet appeared to be clean, even though it seemed old. What was alarming was that large parts of the floor seemed to large pieces of carpeted plywood that covered who knows what. It was disturbing to hear hollow thunks as I traipsed across portions of the floor and feel the dip and slight bounciness of plywood. I wasn’t sure what that plywood was covering, and really, I didn’t want to know. I made sure to wear my flip-flops at all times in that room, because I wasn’t sure whether or not I’d step in the wrong spot and be poked by something.

Other than the suspect floor, the room was fine. I was happy with the ample electrical sockets, since I had a cell phone, a Bluetooth earpiece, a laptop, and a camera battery to charge in addition to a hair dryer and flatiron to use. There were many places to eat within a five minute drive of the motel, and the surrounding area was very nice. I felt safe, and as a woman traveling alone, that meant a lot.

I have to also give a shout out to the guy at the front desk. He was so friendly and helpful, and his affable manner was genuine. Excellent guest service!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo