“# for customer engagement/service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Orange Park

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Orange Park
Ranked #93 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
“# for customer engagement/service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Me and my husband go out to Jacksonville once every month due to his drill visits, usually we stay on the base but this one weekend it was raining like crazy, usually we stay on the base but all the rooms and cabins were booked so we had to drive out to orange park, we came across the red roof inn after all the hassle w flooded highways and blocked off roads, when it came time to check out I had to wait an hour or more for my husband to return from drill and I waited in the lobby where I met Alex at the front desk waiting area, hes probably one of the most humble people on earth, he was so nice, didnt give myself or any of the guests a problem at all, even with my pushy extra checkout time request. he was so welcoming I felt I was with a friend rather then an employee, I noticed other people praising him with nothing but good compliments, bc of him I'd rather stay there then on the base nearby, if it were up to me I'd definetly give notice to him, some kind of promotion on reward is well deserved! My over all stay was good too, the rooms were very nice and updated and it's a great location!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Eurena2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Sebastian, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

While relocating my family from Massachusetts to Florida, we'd selected Jacksonville as a layover point and booked this hotel online, based almost exclusively on price. I was traveling with several animals and a great selling point for us was their pet-friendly policy (no deposit was charged!) and their convenient location to the highway. We were pleasantly surprised to discover the location was also close to restaurants and shopping upon our arrival.

We arrived a little later than anticipated, but the staff was welcoming and friendly. Check-in was a breeze and, even though we weren't able to get 2 adjoining rooms, we were just a door away from each other. The rooms were a bit small (the bathroom is miniscule) but clean and I found the beds to be quite comfortable. Pillows were a bit threadbare but 4 are provided in a room and doubling them up helps.

There were a few stains in the carpeting and the decor could use a little updating but, for the price and location, it was a pleasant little gem of a find.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MissDeidre
Donalsonville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

If you on the lookout for extremely firm beds, then this is your stop. The motel itself was clean, the staff friendly, etc, but I do not prefer beds that are that firm. This motel is located across the street from a small shopping center and there are many great restaurants within a mile or so.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jatay411
Newport, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel based on the good reviews and we just needed a place to sleep for the night before driving further in the morning, so we didn't need anything fancy. I am not one who complains about every little thing or over something that will not affect my sleep. Maybe it was just my room and entirely a rarity, but I was not impressed. The bathroom was dirty and when I say "dirty" I don't mean a speck of dust or a piece of hair or something minor...I mean DIRTY. It looked like it hadn't been swept in weeks and there was some kind of dead creature in the corner...it almost looked like a little snake. The location is great, being right off the interstate. But, there were some very questionable people wandering around there. My husband and I walked to dinner and when we came back there was a used syringe sitting next to my car. Like I said, maybe it was just a fluke thing that happened, but it made me highly uncomfortable and there was no way I was walking around there by myself.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pattipoo_12
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed with my family for about 2 weeks and found everything to be in good working order. All staff was kind and helpful. Pets stay free as well with no breed or size restrictions! This alone made it worth the stay...plus they were the cheapest in the area!

Room Tip: Upstairs is super quiet!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Williston, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have stayed at this facility 3 nights per week for the past 2 years for business. Not any longer though!! New foreign owners lower level of service with higher prices. Keys don't work half of the time, phone inoperable on several occasions, bedding not clean (hair and stains). Not quite what I had been accustomed to. Seems to me like new owners are cutting corners to be more profitable. Prices went up almost immediately, front desk staff friendly but inexperienced and unaccomodating as it appears housekeeping is also. Very noisy at night now with people partying in parking area, blowing horns and loud music. Wont be long and it will be like the Motel 6 next door.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere if possible
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank 65NormT
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I are road tripping throughout southern USA and this place is by are the best motel we have stayed in so far. The reception staff were delightful, rooms exceptionally clean and comfortable and it was central to major highways and amenities. We found the neighbours a little noisy- might have just been the night we were there. Also good to know this hotel is part of an initiative to crack down on crime.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Quality Inn Of Orange Park
Red Roof Inn - Jacksonville Airport
Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint
Days Inn Orange Park/Jacksonville
Days Inn Jacksonville South/Near Memorial Hospital

Been to Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Orange Park? Share your experiences!