“EXTREMELY firm beds” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #97 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Donalsonville
“EXTREMELY firm beds”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

If you on the lookout for extremely firm beds, then this is your stop. The motel itself was clean, the staff friendly, etc, but I do not prefer beds that are that firm. This motel is located across the street from a small shopping center and there are many great restaurants within a mile or so.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jatay411

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Newport, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel based on the good reviews and we just needed a place to sleep for the night before driving further in the morning, so we didn't need anything fancy. I am not one who complains about every little thing or over something that will not affect my sleep. Maybe it was just my room and entirely a rarity, but I was not impressed. The bathroom was dirty and when I say "dirty" I don't mean a speck of dust or a piece of hair or something minor...I mean DIRTY. It looked like it hadn't been swept in weeks and there was some kind of dead creature in the corner...it almost looked like a little snake. The location is great, being right off the interstate. But, there were some very questionable people wandering around there. My husband and I walked to dinner and when we came back there was a used syringe sitting next to my car. Like I said, maybe it was just a fluke thing that happened, but it made me highly uncomfortable and there was no way I was walking around there by myself.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pattipoo_12
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed with my family for about 2 weeks and found everything to be in good working order. All staff was kind and helpful. Pets stay free as well with no breed or size restrictions! This alone made it worth the stay...plus they were the cheapest in the area!

Room Tip: Upstairs is super quiet!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Williston, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have stayed at this facility 3 nights per week for the past 2 years for business. Not any longer though!! New foreign owners lower level of service with higher prices. Keys don't work half of the time, phone inoperable on several occasions, bedding not clean (hair and stains). Not quite what I had been accustomed to. Seems to me like new owners are cutting corners to be more profitable. Prices went up almost immediately, front desk staff friendly but inexperienced and unaccomodating as it appears housekeeping is also. Very noisy at night now with people partying in parking area, blowing horns and loud music. Wont be long and it will be like the Motel 6 next door.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere if possible
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank 65NormT
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I are road tripping throughout southern USA and this place is by are the best motel we have stayed in so far. The reception staff were delightful, rooms exceptionally clean and comfortable and it was central to major highways and amenities. We found the neighbours a little noisy- might have just been the night we were there. Also good to know this hotel is part of an initiative to crack down on crime.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

alex was very very professional and the area has all the food you will need plus movies and malls great location..great prices..great service...very close to all the freeways and sights for the area..i would tell everybody to stay here its worth it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I work as transporters. We travel all over the United States. We always look forward to coming to the Red Roof Inn in Orange Park. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The rates are great. It is always a pleasure to see Alex who runs the front desk. He makes everyone feel like they are important and he always does his best to ensure that we have a great stay. Thank you guys, whe we are in your area, you are our home motel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Stay Suites of America
#81 of 132 in Jacksonville
BEST WESTERN Southside Hotel & Suites
Red Roof Inn - Jacksonville Airport
Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites

Been to Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Orange Park? Share your experiences!