“Overnight before our Curise”

Red Roof Inn - Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #81 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed January 30, 2012

The hotel was very clean and quiet. Great for a stop over before a flight or cruise.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Melissa K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Thank you for your review and we hope you enjoyed your cruise and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

After staying at several Red Roof Inns in the past I didn't hesitate when choosing a place to stay near Jacksonville Airport. Unfortunately this RRI was nothing like the others I have experienced and I was wholy disappointed. It was more like a very budget motel, needed a renovation and was overall quite grim. I would not go back nor would I recommend this place. Its overpriced for what it is : a dingy motel!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Newly updated and CLEAN rooms and a real 'can do' attitude have made this Red Roof Inn stand out! We have dogs, so need to look for 'pet-friendly' hotels. I got on-line and made a reservation at this hotel and we set off for Florida 3 days later. When we went to check in that night, we discovered that I had made the reservation for 2 days earlier and we had been charged as a 'no show'. I was heartsick as we were going to have to pay for 2 nights while staying only one and since we were there in person, we couldn't even get the internet rate. In the morning, the day clerk (Sheila) listened to our story and said 'no problem - we all make mistakes, don't we?'. She credited our 'no show' charges and charged us for the night we did stay at the internet rate! That is customer service and has earned our loyalty -- we'll stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask to be on the 'non-freeway' side
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank whippetmom2
Melissa K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

I am very happy to hear that Sheila went that extra mile for you. We really appreciate your review of our hotel. I am also pleased to learn that we were able to earn your loyalty! I will share your review with the staff. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed November 4, 2011

My wife and I travel to Florida from Virginia a couple of times a year. Since we take our small dog along, we always look for pet friendly lodging. A few years ago, we stopped at the Red Roof Inn in Jacksonville, Fla. The room was so comfortable, and the management so accommadating, we have made it a point to stay there every time we come to Florida. Although a lot of places advertise "pet friendly" many of them simply allow pets, and charge you extra for them. Red Roof Inns actually welcomes pets. Jacksonville is our favorite, but now we look for Red Roof Inns everywhere we travel. Jim & Linda Sullivan
p.s. We also stayed in a Red Roof Inn near Spartansburg, S.C. on our way home, and it, too, was very nice, clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Reserve in advance, if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim S

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Inn. It is truly appreciated. We always enjoy hearing about our guests (including our 4-legged guests) and their experiences. We look forward to seeing you next time and thank you for your loyalty!

Reviewed October 17, 2011

This is my 2nd stay here and I will definately stay again. Clean, secure, and convenient location. Lots of restaurants and stores around and right off the interstate.I love they allow pets (tho' I wasn't traveling with my pet this time). I would have given this hotel an excellant except for the front desk clerk that checked me in...a bit snippy and didn't seem to care if we stayed there or not. Also... I HATE the added safe charge that one has to reqest be removed upon check-out. Pleeeeaaasssseee...we arrived at 9pm and left at 8am. BUT... the hotel IS definately top notch!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank atravlerami
Melissa K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Thank you for your review. We appreciate it and your business. I will share your comments with our staff as we strive to always improve our services. I will also address the customer service at check in with the staff.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville Airport

Reviewed October 7, 2011

I stayed at redroof for a week and i must say I pleasantly surprise as the old saying goes you get what you pay for but Red roof Inn gave me more then I paid for the staff upon checking in was very nice and pleasant and the front desk clerk put a smile on my face everytime I stop by the front desk no matter what time of day i was there she took the time out to talk to me and what ever I needed she made sure i got it and the fact that I can get coffee at anytime of day it was hot and fresh was an xtra bonus.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank benita c
Melissa K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Jacksonville Airport Red Roof. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville Airport Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the experiences our guests have at our hotels.

I believe the front desk person you were speaking of was Stephanie and I will make sure to share your comments with her and the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

General Manager Red Roof Inn Jacksonville Airport

Reviewed August 17, 2011

The only reason we stay there is because of our puppies, the room is clean, but the staff when one checks in leaves a lot of doubt in one's mind as to weather or not these people came from a gene pool with no life guard.

Room Tip: get there early and use coupons, there guys will charge as much as possible
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business