“Red Roof Inn was their for my family when we needed them the most”

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint
Ranked #64 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed July 13, 2010

First I would like to thank all the staff at Red Roof for making our (my family) stay the best when my family was under a lot of stress - My son was in Jacksonville - Mayo clinic for a double transplant - He received a kidney and a pancreas - You think you plan for this but money seems to always run short - you count your pennies and say we can do this - but as days go by you see that your funds are getting low - The very professional management at the Red Roof found out about our son and after talking to my wife and I and showing real concern about our son offered us an even better nightly rate so we could stay their while our son had his operation - Thank you for treating us so well Red Roof Management and Staff - All of you are the best - Thanks again The Martelli Family

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed July 3, 2010

I am giving a review because I used them when finding this hotel. This was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. It was exceptionally clean. The rooms were big not crammed. Wi-fi excellent and easy to access. The beds were clean, nice pillows! Air conditioner had a thermostat setting so you could stay within a certain degree. It kept the room at a comfortable degree the entire stay. T.V. had excellent channel. Rooms were up to date, nice decor, and exceptionally CLEAN!!!!!! The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with honors. I booked one night in advance and waited until I entered the room to book another. I went on line and got both nights for $39.99 a night. It is only a few miles from the beaches, great shopping, nice restaurants within walking distance (Applebees, Crackerbarrell, and many great fast food such as Zaxby's, Arby's Checkers, MCdonalds, and for the sweet tooth Dunkin Donuts ....Starbucks). LOVED my stay Red Roof you won me over!

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank KAnder1
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I found a good deal for it in a Florida Saver (hotel coupon book you get at gas stations etc.). Paid 40$ for the room with two queen beds. Everything in the room was new and clean, except for couple of cigarette burns on the quilt. Service was good and friendly. There is a coin-operated laundry area (one washing machine and one dryer, 2.25$ each) which I found very handy. There is also a free coffee/tea in the lobby. Beds were very comfortable, shower had good water pressure. Safe in the room.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2010

Very good location. Accommodations are very clean and fresh and comfortable. Manager as well as desk clerks are very nice and accommodating. This is always my first choice when staying in Jacksonville, Fl.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2010

most of the employees are filipino-philippines is close to my heart since i am retired. very hospitable. they will give you the best rates. i and my wife are old and they were able to provide us what we need. the front desk never failed to offer coffee and newspaper. we will be back when we have our second great grand child.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2010

Always a happy welcome with a smile at the front desk.

I also enjoy the special Red Roof Inn quick check in.

The rooms are always comfortable, and get a great nights sleep.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2010

The location of this hotel is just off of 95 and 202 (another main highway/interstate). There are several hotels in the cluster, homestead, marriots, etc. Red Roof Inn was the least expensive of the bunch. The other hotels, you know what you get, with you Marriotts, and Extended Stays...you get what you pay for, and you could end up paying a lot. But RRI had a much cheaper price, good ratings, great service. The sign outside initially said $49 a night, but after it was all said and done, I ended up getting it for $35 a night. Lady at the front desk seemed very interested in finding me every discount she could find, and even gave me an upgrade on the room. Of course, ended up staying the week with that price. It really was a great stay. Just moved to the area and was still in the process of looking for a place to live. I was on a budget, and didn't want to afford too much, but I had such a good time I'd probably rather stay there at 200/week than getting my own apartment for much cheaper.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business