Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Tricove Inn & Suites(Jacksonville)
Good 3.5/5
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
Hometown Inn & Suites(Jacksonville)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewscracker barrelroom was cleanfront deskhardwood floorslocation is greatthe general managerwaffle housewater pressurenice areagreat customer servicemayo cliniccomfortable staymini fridgegreat roomair conditionerjosephinemyers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 16, 2010

Always a happy welcome with a smile at the front desk.

I also enjoy the special Red Roof Inn quick check in.

The rooms are always comfortable, and get a great nights sleep.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2010

The location of this hotel is just off of 95 and 202 (another main highway/interstate). There are several hotels in the cluster, homestead, marriots, etc. Red Roof Inn was the least expensive of the bunch. The other hotels, you know what you get, with you Marriotts, and Extended Stays...you get what you pay for, and you could end up paying a lot. But RRI had a much cheaper price, good ratings, great service. The sign outside initially said $49 a night, but after it was all said and done, I ended up getting it for $35 a night. Lady at the front desk seemed very interested in finding me every discount she could find, and even gave me an upgrade on the room. Of course, ended up staying the week with that price. It really was a great stay. Just moved to the area and was still in the process of looking for a place to live. I was on a budget, and didn't want to afford too much, but I had such a good time I'd probably rather stay there at 200/week than getting my own apartment for much cheaper.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2009

We have stayed here many times on our way to south Florida. Never have had much of a problem. Staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are adequately clean. Very basic acommodations but also relatively inexpensive so is an overall good value. Is located amongst alot of other hotels nearby so it has an upbeat feel. There's also a Cracker Barrel very nearby. Usually quiet at night. Next to I-95 so there is some road noise. They have a free coffee, tea, cocoa machine in the lobby but no free breakfast. Free USA Today.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2009

Cheap price. No shampoo, soap, or iron & board in room. We got ate up with bug bites during the night. TV volume would increase in volume constantly. The front desk attendant was very nice. would not stay here again. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2009

Flew into Daytona Beach, FL, to get away from the rainy weekend that we had here in Atlanta, this weekend. Decided to ride along the coast from Daytona Beach up to Jekyll Island in Georgia. Unfortunately, the time went faster than expected and I'd only made it to Jacksonville by night fall. I called some online travel agencies to find a good deal. I didn't like the rates quoted, so I stopped and got a discount travel booklet at an I95 rest stop just south of Jacksonville. Found a $49 coupon for this Red Roof Inn. Called ahead and they said they would honor it.

Location: The hotel is just off of Butler Boulevard next to I-95. It is cluster with other hotels like Extended Stay, Fairfield Inn, LaQuinta, Microtel and some others. The area was quiet and peaceful.

Outside Impression: The hotel grounds and the hotel interior looked like they had been maintained well.

Check-In: The person was friendly, fast and efficient and threw in wireless access which usually cost a few dollars more.

Room: Hmm, not plush! Let's just say cheap and efficient with vinyl flooring in the bathroom, that actually looked like 'vinyl flooring'. It was clean and functional with a small table. I did have a concern though. A thorough inspection of the bed spread and the sheet shows what appeared to be two burn holes, even though it was a non-smoking room. No other issues though were found with the bed. I'd stayed in other Red Roof Inns that were definitely better, but this one wasn't too bad.

Surrounding area: There was a Crackber Barrel restaurant a two minute walk away. An Apple's could be reached in less than a 4 minute walk.
Two miles away west of Butler Blvd, you'll find Southside Blvd with a lot more restaurants, bars, movie theater, gas stations and stores.

At the price I paid, I thought it was good, but not spectacular. If I had paid above $65, I would have wanted another property.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo