“A place to crash”

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint
Ranked #73 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
“A place to crash”
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

On the plus side: room was clean - for the most part. Decent area. NO additional pet fee was nice. Lobby area was clean. Nice TV

On the minus side : booking.com site shows room as having, "A flat-screen TV comes standard in each room at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville Southpoint. A microwave, refrigerator, and coffee machine are included." Eh, NOT. TV yes, but nothing else. 2 mismatched towels. Linoleum floor and a vaguely musty/moldy smell coming from the A/C. Itchy bed/sheets and an over all institutional feel to the room.
The fact that I have had some real bad hotel experiences earns this hotel an average as even with its failings , it could have been so much worse.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Susan H
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Susan H,

Thank you for your review. We love pets so no pet fee is a great add on to our service.
There are other rooms with a nominal fee and it includes the microfridge, iron and iron boards.
Please book your reservations on our website for the different room types we can offer.

I will speak to my laundry person about the mix match towels. My maintenance person will also
get the AC filter changed. The high humidity and hot weather in Jacksonville is a factor.

We hope that your last stay will not deter you from trying the Red Roof Inn brand or my inn in your future travel.

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville Southpoint

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I arrived at this hotel on Aug. 6 and checked out on Aug. 10th. Upon my arrival, my check in was very good. The clerk was very friendly. It wasn't until I entered my room, where I started to change my mind about staying. My room was OK but the bathroom was disgusting. I didn't want to complain, but, as the days went on I just had to. It wasn't until I spoke with the night clerk at that time (GREAT JOB) that made a difference. I feel bad that I forgot her name. I would also like to recognize. Tina Bradfield and Karla Conyers. If it wasn't for these three ladies that made a difference in my stay, we would have checked out much sooner. I'm giving all three of these ladies a huge "SHOUT OUT" for their excellent customer service. I will be back because of them.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Joanye P N
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear JoanyePN,

Thank you for your great review. I am pleased that Karla, Tina and the female night auditor made a difference in your stay inspite of the fallback on the bathroom cleanliness. I will certainly speak to all my housekeepers to do a better job in detailing the bathroom.

We would like to assure that your concern will be addressed and make certain that the discrepancy would not happen again on your next stay.

We look forward in seeing you again in the near future. Thank you for choosing the
Red Roof Inn Jacksonville Southpointe.

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 4, 2014

After driving 18 hours from philly in a Penske truck we were just to tired to keep going. At this point we could have stayed anywhere, but Tiant, the over night guy was so amazingly helpful that we couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. He helped with parking our 40' long vehicle, gave us a great rate because we had two rooms and it was 1 am. Just an all around fabulous experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Jason McMumm,

Thank you for giving us a great review, It was great that my staff associate had helped you in the getting your truck get a spot in parking lot.

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I'm very disappointed in this stay, due to the fact, I'm writing this review at 1:15am, because we had to switch rooms, where a bug was crawling on me while I was trying to sleep.

I turned the light on and there it was in bed with me. I tried to kill it but no success, I started looking for it and more, but to my surprise I find mold growing on the bedspread!!!

I hit the roof, now I'm sleeping and breathing in mold by my face, WTH!!! Not cool at all. I called the front desk and told the lady named Kelly and she switched our room immediately and even assisted us with our luggage, which was nice.

Overall I thought this hotel was up on its game since it's lodged between three top chain hotels but I guess they still have some work to do. But to be honest, before the incident, I had reservations about staying here and had a second thought, to give this place a chance.

Well, to be fair I will think more about staying here again after I calm down and get some sleep, but I don't know.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank duch319
Dear Duch319,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies. I will advice the Ecolab Technician to do a full pest rotation in this quarter.
I will check on the room change log in which room number you were in.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is a spotlessly clean, quiet recently remodeled hotel with an easy off and on to I95. Found it through Tripadvisor reviews and found it to be excellent. Very easy check in/out.
Beds were like heaven!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Maureen D.

Thank you for the great review. We are delighted that you found our hotel with an easy access on I-95. We pride ourselves in maintaining a clean and comfortable room. Our Serta beds makes a difference when one goes to sleep. I am glad you loved it. Our televisions are on HD and is great add on to our rooms.

I will share this review to my staff who are more motivated to do a good job right the first time.
Please come and visit us soon when you are in Jacksonville.

Yours in Hospitality.
Red Roof Inn Jacksonville Southpoint
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I, first, became familiar with this motel about 4 years ago. I had some medical problems and I wuz having tests run at The Mayo Clinic. After 3 different times of tests, etc at Mayo---we decided on surgery (4th stay). Each of the stays lasted at least 5 to 7 days. The last stay lasted over 14 days(I wuz a patient at Mayo the last stay for 5 to 6 days) and back to the motel for the next 8 or so days 'til I wuz able to travel.

I said all of that to say this: Each of the stays my wife and I were treated "like family"! But, I noticed the folks at Red Roof Inn treated each and everyone like that. Each and every stay...the general manager and her employee's
--from the desk clerks to the room service employee's---again---were very, very accommodating, As I said before....treated us like family!! As I had mentioned earlier....the last stay I wuz a patient at Mayo for about 8 days---my wife wuz alone at The Red Roof Inn. I DID NOT worry one minute about her safety--as I knew she would be watched over by the staff and Miss Meyers--the general manager.

The Jacksonville--Southpoint Red Roof Inn has got to be the VERY BEST of their motels...It can't get any better than the treatment that my wife and I received.

Steve Gilbert--Chattanooga, Tennessee

Room Tip: I stayed in different rooms with the different stays.....they were all excellent
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank SteveGilbert69
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear SteveGilbert69,

Wow!! Thank you so much for the fantastic review. We are so delighted that you had been so loyal to us and we in return had provided you with our superb service with clean and comfortable rooms. My staff and I follows our commitment to our guests and that is to do the job right the first time.

We like to make you feel "family" and we will do everything to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

I will certainly share this fantastic review to my staff. It will make them more motivated about their passion in hospitality.

We love to work together like family with only one goal and that is to be of great service to you and to all our guests.

We will be excited to have you and your wife back on your next travel in Jacksonville.
Thank you once again.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

The service was superb and the room was nice and clean. Everything worked (air conditioner, hot water, television, free wifi toilet, etc) and very convenient to Town Center for shopping and food. Would definitely stay again and wouldn't be uncomfortable for multiple nights. Large bathroom made it easy to get in and out of the shower, table and chairs perfect for meals, easy to navigate to the rooms, and not cramped (even though it was small). No continental breakfast but close enough to plenty of places to make this not a big issue. Easy to navigate to and from the hotel as well. I liked not having carpet. Felt cleaner. No coffee/tea in the rooms but the lobby had some complementary and it wasn't a long walk to get there. Allows pets as well! Also liked the lack of credit card style keys that easily demagnetize.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Julie R,

Thank you for the great review. We are delighted that you chose our hotel for the convenience of the walking distance restaurants and the location. We pride ourselves for the comfort of your room and the quality. We also love pets and do not charge for them to stay.

We may not have breakfast but we do serve freshly brewed coffee all day. I would like to let you know that we do have HDTV which is a great plus in viewing your shows and movies.

I will share this awesome review to my staff. We hope to see you again in your next travel so my staff and I can extend our hospitality to you.

Red Roof Inns