“Great one-night stay!”

Ranked #75 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great one-night stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

The service was superb and the room was nice and clean. Everything worked (air conditioner, hot water, television, free wifi toilet, etc) and very convenient to Town Center for shopping and food. Would definitely stay again and wouldn't be uncomfortable for multiple nights. Large bathroom made it easy to get in and out of the shower, table and chairs perfect for meals, easy to navigate to the rooms, and not cramped (even though it was small). No continental breakfast but close enough to plenty of places to make this not a big issue. Easy to navigate to and from the hotel as well. I liked not having carpet. Felt cleaner. No coffee/tea in the rooms but the lobby had some complementary and it wasn't a long walk to get there. Allows pets as well! Also liked the lack of credit card style keys that easily demagnetize.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Julie R,

Thank you for the great review. We are delighted that you chose our hotel for the convenience of the walking distance restaurants and the location. We pride ourselves for the comfort of your room and the quality. We also love pets and do not charge for them to stay.

We may not have breakfast but we do serve freshly brewed coffee all day. I would like to let you know that we do have HDTV which is a great plus in viewing your shows and movies.

I will share this awesome review to my staff. We hope to see you again in your next travel so my staff and I can extend our hospitality to you.

Red Roof Inns
jmyers@redroofm.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Windermere, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Had a one night stay, and it was perfectly fine. We had a late night check-in and the desk clerk was friendly and got us into the room quickly.

Hotel is near I-95, with easy on/off. It has interior corridors and seems quiet. Our room was clean and we had no complaints.

Watch for Red Roof's typical "optional" add-on charges, like for rental of the in-room safe.

Stayed June 2014
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear RoboGator0,

We would like to thank you for your great review. I am glad that our front of the house desk clerk had welcomed you and our heart of the house housekeepers had serviced your room in the best possible quality.

Our hotel is right off I-95 and is also walking distance to several restaurants. We hope to see you soon in your future travels in Jacksonville.

I will share your review with my staff who will be delighted that we were of service to you.

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville Southpoint
Coeburn, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

The advertise newly remodeled rooms but there was nothing in the hotel that was new or remodeled. There was no one at the front desk when we arrived and no bell or anything we waited around 5 minutes to be checked in just to be told our room wasn't ready. It was after 2pm and their check starts at 1pm so we waited about 20-30 mins for a room. The room key didn't work and I had to take it back to be fixed. There was mold on the ceiling in the bathroom and black stuff on the shower walls. The shower wall was basically held together with duck tape that was painted white in an attempt to hide it. The pool was full of junk from the palm trees and bugs looked like it hadn't been cleaned for a long time. The was only one washer/dryer in the hotel. No breakfast only coffee in the lobby which is the same coffee maker in the rooms. It's not worth the $60 we paid maybe $20. I was thankful we only stayed one night we left for Orlando the next morning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank vallen79
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Vallen79,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your concerns of our hotel.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Wheatland, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Rooms very clean, service good, beds very comfortable. Its hard to find a pet friendly and they are very nice. Would recommend to everyone. Very close to I 95 and places to eat. They have a nice pool and shade for parking.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Bernadette B,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. We love pets and glad that you chose our hotel. We are only a walking distance to the restaurants and the hotel is right off I-95.
The shaded parking lot is so great and is an add on to our inn.

jmyers@redoof.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

Really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It had the convenience of being located next to I-95 south for easy access. The room looked just like it did on the website. Stayed in a suite room which was complete with an office/kitchenette room that was separated from the bedroom by beautiful double glass pane doors. Equipped with two tv's! That comes in handy when one spouse wants to watch tv in the bedroom and the other prefers to watch somethng different on tv in the office room with the sofa. Needless to say, the room was very clean and I was pleased overall with the accommodations. Also the housekeeping staff had been very attentive, provided us promptly with more linen since we decided to extend our stay! For this type of suite you get great value for the price. The only gripe I had was the surface of the night stands (in the bedroom) did not seem to be wiped down thoroughly, but for me that was so insignificant it did not warrant a real complaint. Definitely will recommend this hotel to anyone whose looking for a larger more comfortable suite type of room and I look forward to staying again when we revisit Jacksonville. Very enjoyable!

Room Tip: We stayed on the top 5th floor which was quiet from any external noise from the street.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank S. B
Dear SB,
Thank you for the great review. We are glad that you had enjoyed your suite.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels..

Yours in Hosplitality,
Cheshire, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

A really decent stay at a great price. I traveled in May heading north for the season so it wasn' real busy, but pleanty of other guests. Very safe & the room was very clean & neat, but as expected, fairly basic. No breakfast, but they had plenty of coffee & 2 breakfast places within walking distance. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear JimBoothbay,

Thank you for your great review. We are delighted that you chose our inn for the quality and value. We pride ourselves in getting things right the first time. The 2 restaurants and several fast food chains within walking distance makes an added value for our guests.

I will share this review to my staff. We hope to see you again in your next arrival in Jacksonville.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Our room was comfortable and clean, with little to no noise at night. The staff provided very good customer service. The rates were very affordable. Highly recommended no-frills hotel. Ideal for a short business stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Katie U,

Thank you for your great review. We appreciate that you had acknowledged my staff for delivering great customer service and a clean and affordable room. We pride our self to do better each time so that guest like you can always choose us as your hotel when you are in Jacksonville.

I will share this review to my staff and we all look forward in seeing you again in our inn.

Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Jacksonville Southpointe.

Red Roof Inn Southpointe