WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint
Ranked #68 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Pensacola, Florida
“Excellent stay at a budget price!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was easy to locate, clean and very reasonably priced. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay again. I had an upgraded king room that had been remodeled. Bed was very comfy. First floor of hotel was still under construction, but you wouldn't have known just by staying there. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Brittany M
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for the great review. Our hotel is indeed located and is accessible to I-95. We love that you had a great sleep in our new Serta Beds. I will share this positive comment to my staff. We will see you soon and by that time the first floor is already done.

jmyers@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Turkish first
Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Manager took care of us after a lousy stay in a nearby hotel. Booked our reservation herself. Room was very clean and quiet with a pet she said always a ground floor a real +++. Will stay there from now on. 5 STAR rating.Nice staff very accomadating.

Room Tip: If you have a pet tell them they will give you a ground floor!!! KIng suite with couch was a great v...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Landstar Lady,

Thank you for the great review. We truly appreciate that inspite of the wide selection of hotels in my area, you chose to stay at my inn. Yes the first and second floors are excellent rooms for our guests like you with friendly pets. We love to take care of them too. I will share your great review with my staff.

We would look forward on your next visit when you get back to Jacksonville. Please mention again that you have a pet so we can better accomodate you on the first floor. You can email me directly when you are ready to book a room.

Have a great weekend.

Gold Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Red Roof location and found the newly remodeled room to be very comfortable and roomy. The service from the staff was excellent. They responded quickly to any requests we had. It was located close to many restaurants and places for entertainment.

Room Tip: The Super King with refrigerator and microwave is superb.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Ms. Diane A,

Thank you for the great review about our newly remodeled rooms. We are happy to give you the quality and comfort that you deserve in my inn and our brand. We know that you have other choices but chose to stay with us. We are truly greatful for your business and loyalty.

Please let us know when your next stay will be and we will be of utmost service to you and your needs. I will certainly share this great comment to my staff.

Have a great week.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have stayed here many times when I just need a getaway. Everything from the staff to the rooms to price and location are excellent. But to me it is Jo and Ann that really make this hotel and keep me coming back. They are both so friendly and accomodating and make sure you have everything you need. I always enjoy just chatting with them as im checking in. The rennovations they have recently done are super nice, and the new serta beds are so so comfortable. If your looking for a great place to stay at a reasonable price with warm and friendly staff, youve found your place. I will keep going here for years and definately reccomend it.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Hazeleyes31,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review you posted about me, TIna, the entire staff and my inn. I am so happy that you had enjoyed our new Serta pillowtop beds, beddings and wooden floors. The complete floor renovatons will be finalized soon and you can be on any floor that you desire.

It is our goal to give you and all our guests excellent customer service and we will strive to retain the quality of rooms and truly appreciate your business.

We hope to see you again in your next stay.

Have a great week.

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Let me start by saying I always choose my hotels by reviews of other travelers. I saw that this Manager always responded to reviews left and mostly everyone was happy with their stay. Well, when I checked in my Priceline reservation said 12pm checkout. The hotel did not honor this even though that's what I paid for. They said Priceline got it wrong?? I am the consumer and they didn't honor it... Then early in the morning when I had checked in after midnight same day I was woken up by moving of objects, banging, etc... Needless to say I did not get the rest I was anticipating. When I went to checkout the clerk in the morning Tina was there. I complained about the noise I thought was coming from the 5th floor. She told me no, the noise is coming from the 3rd floor because of renovations. I asked to speak to a manager and was told Josephine Myers would be in on Monday. I filed a complaint with Priceline and was denied because Josephine Myers said there was nothing going on????? When I called Ms. Myers to ask why she would say there was nothing going on she responded because there wasn't anyone there on the 3rd working! REALLY!!! I was awoken early in the morning, it was verified by Tina the front desk clerk and you still say no? So I said, basically you are calling me a liar? Her answer, I don't know. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! FAIL FAIL FAIL!!! I should of been told about renovations, they should have honored the 12pm checkout time since it was not my fault.
When I told her I would let everyone know how I was treated and how she is a LIAR! she said she would only have a response ready and would do what she needed not to have her hotel or her put down.
CONSUMER BEWARE!!!! VERY SHADY... she loves to answer the good comments but can't respond when she knows she DID WRONG!!! WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure renovations are finished with!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JRascon
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Rascon,

Let me extend my sincere apologies for your experience. Since our last conversation, I will take action in getting Priceline to give you a credit in your card. You probably did not hear what I said as you were very upset at that time. Please send me an email should you not see the credit yet in your account. I am still waiting for Priceline to give me the confirmation. I did not realize that it was still not done on their part and I will follow it up.

I would like you to know that we value our guests and my staf and I f do not want to send a negative message to you as well. We would like you to try our hotel again when you happen to be in Jacksonville, FL.

Baxley, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I hadn't been to the Southpoint area in over 6 months and was surprised with the renovations of the rooms. I and 3 others stayed in one of the suites and it was SUPERB! The new Serta beds were so comfortable I took a nap before I went to bed. One of my guests had never stayed in a chain hotel in the USA before and just loved this one. I know that my family and I always stay here for its location and great staff. The General Manager has a well trained staff and it is such a pleasant time just to chat with Jo and Kim. These two make the hotel worth every stay. I appreciate everything they have done and will always be in our hearts. No other hotel has made us feel more at home and part of the family like the Red Roof Inn - Southpoint.

Thanks for the superb rooms.

Room Tip: Super Kings and Suites are an outstanding value and comfort.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Royal_US_Marine,

Thank you for the great review. I am so glad that our new Serta beds made a difference. Kim has been very instrumental in my inn as she excels in customer service. I will share this information to her and to the rest of my staff who is inclined to give the best service to our guests.

I also made a note on your suggestion about a bigger coffee pot in the suites.

We hope to be of service again to you in the coming nonths.

Have a great year.

Panama City Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

This hotel has blown away my perception of Red Roof Hotels. I had always believed them to be lower standard places more suitable to students and such. This hotel was every bit as comfortable, clean and enjoyable as any moderately priced facility and they do it for less.
I believe the management makes the difference. I stayed at this hotel because the manager takes the time to address every internet review she finds from customers (good and not so good). This tells me that the management cares very much about customer staisfaction and I was right. All the staff are trained well and they show professionalism and courtesy to every guest. There are not a lot of extras in this price range (eg. no breakfast, gym) but you can expect the basic comforts and a good nights rest in a clean hotel if you stay here. I would recommend this facility to folks staying in the area.

Room Tip: If you call the hotel directly, you might get a getter rate than going through one of the popular tr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear THEOPHILLUS36340,

My staff and I would like to thank you for your great review in our hotel. We are very much committed in having our guests like you to choose our property inspite of the other brands in the area. Our commitment is to give excellent service and we are passionate in providing clean and comfortable rooms even without the added frills.

The hotel is getting a room facelift and we would like you to try our new Serta pillowtop beds. Our 5th floor is now rentable. Please mention that you would like to be on the 5th floor on your next visit. The hotel is also 100% smoke free.

Please do not hesitate to email me directly at jmyers@redroof.com. It will be our pleasure to be of service to you one again.

Happy holidays to you and your family.