Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint
Ranked #69 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Nice”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Red Roof Inn seems to be overlooked, with all the other options out there. But Kim was fantastic, she understood my travel troubles and was willing to listen to my plites. Ms. Josephine Myers was AWEFUL however. You should NEVER YELL at a guest. Her attitude is "you GET to stay in my hotel" Trust me, lady, there are other options. Kim was great and very nice and the only reason I stayed the rest of my visit. The rest of the staff was just as nice. Corporate should be aware of the management potential and their deficits.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic. Not much chance of having a neighbor or traffic down the hallway.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
I want to thank you for the review for Kim, my desk clerk, myself and my other staff. However, I am baffled on your comment about my yelling at a guest which is not my way of handling a guest concern. I have not recalled any incident for that matter.

I sincerely apologize for your concern. My staff and I follow the proper rules and procedures set up by our company.

Should like to contact me please do not hesitate to contact me by email at jmyers@redroof.com.

jmyers@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Let's be honest, Jacksonville does not have that many attractions like a touristical place, but if you are somewhere in the I95 beyond Daytona heading to the north, this hotel can be a good place to stay.

It is a bussiness like hotel, place is quiet like the moon in a convenient zone, so you are not away from anything.

Rooms are nice, clean. maybe the bathroon can have some more work out for the sake of the ultimate stay.

one concern is that cleaning people are kind of good doing their job so they get to your room kind of early, so be sure to put the label on your door if you wanna sleep like a king in the morning

Room Tip: Upper rooms seems to be the great deal for more quietness
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for your great review. Comments like yours make us strive more to achieve our goal of excellent guest satisfaction. We can assure you that the upgrade on the bathroom will be done by this year. We hope to get our hotel renovation soon.

I will share with my staff your review.

Please do visit us again when you are in Jacksonville, FL.

Baxley, Georgia
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was on a business trip to Jacksonville and the company I work for had booked us elsewhere, but the booking never went through and it was more then 6 miles away from where we needed to work. When I found this out, I immediately went to the Red Roof Inn Southpoint to book myself and 2 others into the hotel. I can tell you it is the people that make it one of the BEST hotel´s I have ever stayed in. The Rooms were very clean and the GM Jo and her sidekick Kim are great when it comes to concerns about the rooms. I love staying at this hotel on business or family pleasure. Red Roof Inn Southpoint is the Best Hotel in Jacksonville. Many THANKS Jo and Kim.

Room Tip: You must meet the GM and Kim. They will take care of you like your own family.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
What a fantastic review!!! Thank you for your loyalty and the business that you have been giving us. My staff and I especially Kim are truly greatful that we had continued serving you to the standards of hospitality.

We will continue improving our services and hopefully to serve you again in the near future.
The hotel will be renovated this year and we are all excited about it. We hope to see you, your colleagues and your family to have the great experience that we have provided.
Please drop an email on your next arrival.

Thank you once again.

Silver Creek, New York
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Found this hotel very clean, was on the 5th floor had very loud people next to me . in the morning i talked with the GM she gave me a upgrade to a king room. and took my concerns very seriously. As far as hotel room went a/c was good very clean shower pressure was perfect. beds soft and tv was great too . if in the area i would come back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
I would like to thank you for the wonderful review. I do take it seriously when my guests would not able to sleep comfortably due to some disturbance. We take pride in making you and all our guests' stay in our clean and comfortable rooms as well.

The good news is that we are renovating and we want you to experience on the new changes in our rooms and lobby.

We hope to see you soon and please do not hesitate to contact me in your future stay.

Yours in Hospitality.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I was travelling down the East Coast with a small dog. I made a reservation at the Red Roof Inn Southpoint for one night. The hotel is located very near I-95, which made my coming and going very easy. The hotel is relatively new. I checked in with Kim at the front desk, who gave great service and facilitated my check in with the small dog. The room was on the first floor, which made it easier to walk the dog. It had been updated with a new flat screen TV, microwave and refrigerator. Due to unexpected problems, I needed to stay for four nights iso one. This was no problem, in fact the front desk personnel gave me a discounted price for the additional nights. Many fast food and regular restaurants are within 1 mile of the hotel. Also a Walmart, to buy pet supplies, is also located close by. I have stayed in much higher end hotels than Red Roof Inn, however this particular Red Roof Inn was better than some and a great deal at $44.00 / night.
I will stay at this hotel again in the future because of the great staff and newness of the room.

Room Tip: Beware of Red Roof Inns......The newly renovated hotels are great, however the next Red Roof Inn I s...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank EastCoastGuy357
Thank you for the great review. We take pride in making all our guests happy and comfortable in thier stay. I am glad Kim, my desk clerk, had assisted your checkin and your pet with ease.
The good news is that the hotel will get a facelift soon and we hope that you can experience the new beds and relax in our lobby.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or any of my staff on your future travels.

We hope to see you soon,.

Margarita Island, Venezuela
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I was very please with the assistence of all the staff in the Hotel. Our housekeeper Ms. Kalena was excellent. She take care so nicely of our room during the 14 days I was there. I select the Red Roof Inn Southpoint for the location and price. Also, I want to thank you all the help at the front desk. For sure I will be back to this place again when I travel back to Jacksonville, FL. I fill all the time so happy... It is a nice hotel to stay!!!

Room Tip: Nice!!! and the most important location, location, location....
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mercedes A
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Dear Ms. Mercedes A.

Thank you for the wonderful review about my hotel and Kalena, our housekeeper GSR. I am delighted that she took care of your room and your stay was memorable. We pride ourselves in giving quality rooms and excellent customer service. I will surely pass the compliments to the rest of the team especially to the front desk and Kalena.

We hope to see you soon in the near future. I am sure that you are enjoying the warm weather in Venezuela as we are enjoying the good sunshine of Florida.

We are happy to announce that our hotel will be renovated soon and you will see quite a change.
Please do not hesitate to email me on your next arrival. Muchas Gracias.

jmyer@redroof.com
Ottumwa, Iowa
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I and our little puppy Davey were here inJanuary at which time we received just the best customer service ever in our travels. Kim was our host at that time. Today I checked back into the Red Roof and Kim was there at the front desk waiting for me again. She was friendly and professional and even booked me into the same room we had last time. I really felt like it was a sort of coming home. Great job Kim! Great job Red Roof for hiring her!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark T
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
We would like to welcome you back !!!! Thank you for the great review and choosing to stay with us again. Kim had been a wonderful asset in my inn and she sure does a good job at the front desk welcoming our guests like you. She sure is an Innkeeper !!

Our goal is to have our guests experience a good stay with our courteous staff and clean and comfortable room.

We are happy to announce that we will be getting a renovation in the months to come and we are pretty excited about it.

Should you have any lodging needs please do not hesitate to call Kim or anyone of my staff or email me at jmyers@redroof.com.