“Safe Haven”

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint
Ranked #63 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed April 15, 2012

My Husband was having a complicated surgery at Mayo Hospital in Jacksonville FL. For the 1st week I stayed in a hotel nearer the Hospital at nearly double the price. Since I only slept for a few hours a night and only needed a clean bed and a safe place, I chose Red Roof Southpoint which filled the need nicely. Kim (Desk) helped find the best rate and was great. The room was clean, quiet and safe which was what I wanted. Coffee was always available and there is a Cracker Barrel in walking distance. It is also a quick trip from the Hospital by expressway.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time in writing a Trip Advisor review. I appreciate your comments in Kim's helpfulness at your recent stay at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. Please consider us again and mention the Mayo Clinic rate which is also the same as the AAA and SRS.

I will also make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests like yours is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Spent one night here on our way to Port Canaveral for cruise. Just needed a decent place to sleep for a few hours. For a budget priced hotel it was pretty nice.If you're looking for luxurious, premium amenities than this is not the place for you. But if you're looking for a clean, safe, quiet place to sleep and aren't expecting many frills than this hotel fits the bill very well. The hotel is clean and modern in a nice area with other moderately priced, well maintained hotels in the area. The area is clean, safe and the hotels all look to be only a few years old.
The beds were just OK and the pillows were so-so, but for the price I wasn't expecting much more.
One thing I found to be unusual was that the room did not have an iron and ironing board. That was a first for me. Even a budget priced hotel should provide an iron and ironing board. Other than that, I felt it was a good value for basic accommodations.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. I will work on putting more amenities like iron and board and changing the pillows.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

We drove up from Miami for a business meeting in Jacksonville, and decided to stay at this Red Roof Inn. I was pleasantly surprised. Free high-speed WiFi was great. The room was spotless, and we had a full desk to work at in our room. Raphael at the front desk was extremely helpful. I asked him for a few choices to go to dinner and some entertainment. His recommendations were right on. The hotel is in an area surrounded by other high end hotels. We made the right choice picking this one. The rates were the most reasonable in the area and the hotel was better than we expected.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

I am glad that Raphael made a difference in your stay. He is very likeable person.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

KIM. at the front desk was very helpful and nice.....the housekeeping could be alot better....don't have time to clean the rooms. For stay overs.....wait till the last minute to clean my room before they went home.....so they were rushing.not getting the service I wanted........towels and sheets have stains on them......hope this will help them improve....

• Stayed: April 2012
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time in giving us your feedback. I am delighted that Kim had resolved your concern about my supply shortage and the housekeeping staff not getting to clean your room and replenish the supplies in a timely manner.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and corrective measures will be done immediately.

Yours in Hospitality.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Initially I was skeptical of this hotel, even after reading the reviews online but after checking in and staying there a few night my view changed. My initial check in was very good, the front desk took good care of me and offered me a better rate due to the extended amount of time I was staying there. The room had a shower head problem and the maintenance staff solved the problem in a day and a half. The housekeeping staff is very friendly and are more than willing to accomidate you to make your stay there more enjoyable. The only problem I can really talk about is the windows, which don't have any screen's in them to alow the room to air out. Definately a hotel worth staying at for the money!

Room Tip: If you require a little more space, the option for the "bigger room" with the desk and in...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2012

Thank you for your opinion which we value very much. My staff and I strive to give you the best customer service in Jacksonville. Unfortunately the windows can not be opened all the way out and is not equipped with a screen. That is a very good obsvervation.

The superior business king is a good room for any business traveller as it has a microfridge and an in room coffee maker. Please let us know when you can visit us again and I will give you an upgrade with the same rate as a double room.

Please email me with next arrival and mention the upgrade room.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

clean and excellent service also accommedating. This hotel work well with my schedule and the times that I arrive. The check in process was always smooth and quick. I would recommend to others.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your great response. My staff and I are so glad that your stay had been good and had accomodated you right away on your arrival. We strive to make it better all the time.

We would like to see you again in the near future.

Please do not hesitate to email me should you need anything.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

this is a very reasonable place to stay ,price is right ,clean and good location would say again

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TREEWACKER
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you in our hotel. Your review is very important to us. Feedback like yours make us strive more to have a clean, comfortable and affordable hotel.

I will share this review to my staff. We look forward in having you back in the near future.