“Great Stay, Excellent Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint
Ranked #73 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Stay, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

We drove up from Miami for a business meeting in Jacksonville, and decided to stay at this Red Roof Inn. I was pleasantly surprised. Free high-speed WiFi was great. The room was spotless, and we had a full desk to work at in our room. Raphael at the front desk was extremely helpful. I asked him for a few choices to go to dinner and some entertainment. His recommendations were right on. The hotel is in an area surrounded by other high end hotels. We made the right choice picking this one. The rates were the most reasonable in the area and the hotel was better than we expected.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof.

I am glad that Raphael made a difference in your stay. He is very likeable person.

jmyers@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Turkish first
florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

KIM. at the front desk was very helpful and nice.....the housekeeping could be alot better....don't have time to clean the rooms. For stay overs.....wait till the last minute to clean my room before they went home.....so they were rushing.not getting the service I wanted........towels and sheets have stains on them......hope this will help them improve....

• Stayed April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time in giving us your feedback. I am delighted that Kim had resolved your concern about my supply shortage and the housekeeping staff not getting to clean your room and replenish the supplies in a timely manner.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and corrective measures will be done immediately.

Yours in Hospitality.

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

Initially I was skeptical of this hotel, even after reading the reviews online but after checking in and staying there a few night my view changed. My initial check in was very good, the front desk took good care of me and offered me a better rate due to the extended amount of time I was staying there. The room had a shower head problem and the maintenance staff solved the problem in a day and a half. The housekeeping staff is very friendly and are more than willing to accomidate you to make your stay there more enjoyable. The only problem I can really talk about is the windows, which don't have any screen's in them to alow the room to air out. Definately a hotel worth staying at for the money!

Room Tip: If you require a little more space, the option for the "bigger room" with the desk and in...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
Thank you for your opinion which we value very much. My staff and I strive to give you the best customer service in Jacksonville. Unfortunately the windows can not be opened all the way out and is not equipped with a screen. That is a very good obsvervation.

The superior business king is a good room for any business traveller as it has a microfridge and an in room coffee maker. Please let us know when you can visit us again and I will give you an upgrade with the same rate as a double room.

Please email me with next arrival and mention the upgrade room.

North, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

clean and excellent service also accommedating. This hotel work well with my schedule and the times that I arrive. The check in process was always smooth and quick. I would recommend to others.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your great response. My staff and I are so glad that your stay had been good and had accomodated you right away on your arrival. We strive to make it better all the time.

We would like to see you again in the near future.

Please do not hesitate to email me should you need anything.

WINNIPEG
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

this is a very reasonable place to stay ,price is right ,clean and good location would say again

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TREEWACKER
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you in our hotel. Your review is very important to us. Feedback like yours make us strive more to have a clean, comfortable and affordable hotel.

I will share this review to my staff. We look forward in having you back in the near future.

Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

Let me start off by saying that this Inn is pet friendly, and that I had my dog with me on this trip. They didn't charge a pet fee, which was great. The grounds were fairly clean, the only animal waste I noticed was in the far back along the fence where not so responsible owners allow their dogs to go without picking up after them. The air conditioning unit could use a cleaning because I did notice animal fur/dander on the inside, but not an excessive amount. I never heard any other animals even though I did see one or two others.

The room itself was very nice and very clean, with the only the corners in need of a bit more cleaning which is fairly typical of any chain that isn't considered a luxury. The bed was a bit off of the frame so I didn't feel great in the morning, which is my only complaint (I didn't realize it until I woke up with a bit of a backache). The bed itself was a comfortable bed, though and had I realized the issue beforehand, they may have fixed it. It's just something the staff could keep an eye on in the future. The bathroom was nice and clean.

The desk attendant was very nice and the customer service was great. Other guests were generally friendly which helps with a pleasant experience. Overall, I would definitely say this is a great choice, especially since the price is extremely low and reasonable. I paid $49 total and got a huge room with a microwave and fridge. If I pass through the area again and have to stay, I will definitely consider this place again.

Room Tip: If you don't have a pet, specifically request a room that is not used for pets just to be on the...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Thank you for your great review. We appreciate that you found time in giving us your feedback.

We are happy that you were able to travel with your pet . I will work with my housekeepers to work more in detailing the room. In regards to the beds, I am looking forward to purchase comfortable beds in the near future.

We will look forward in welcoming you and your family again in your next trip.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

I recently visited Jacksonville for a long weekend and decided to stay at this Red Roof. I am a fan of Red Roof Inns, and this one seemed to get steady reviews.
Check-in was quick and easy. We had 2 dogs with us, and I am glad they can stay for free. We received a room on the 1st floor on the back side of the hotel.
The room was clean and very quiet. No noise from the highway or other rooms.
Service was great. The rooms was serviced well, and front desk service was always great.
The pool was closed for the winter.
This hotel is very convenient to I-95, and many fast food restaurants. We could make it anywhere in Jacksonville within minutes. I felt safe and did not worry about my car.
I will be staying here on my next trip to Jacksonville!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LenoirJacksonville, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, February 4, 2012
I would like to thank you for giving us a good review. Our goal is to always excel in customer service and deliver clean and comfortable rooms. The pool is not closed on winter. It was probably locked at the time you were walking yourdog. The time of operation is from 09:00am to 21:00H. We apologize for the slight glitch in opening the pool.

Please let us know in your next trip about your last room and mention your pet that you will take along with you so that we could make it as your special request. TIna and I normally make it a point to block the end rooms so that your dog could go for a walk by the pool area.