“Hotel Stay”

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint
Ranked #64 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Initially I was skeptical of this hotel, even after reading the reviews online but after checking in and staying there a few night my view changed. My initial check in was very good, the front desk took good care of me and offered me a better rate due to the extended amount of time I was staying there. The room had a shower head problem and the maintenance staff solved the problem in a day and a half. The housekeeping staff is very friendly and are more than willing to accomidate you to make your stay there more enjoyable. The only problem I can really talk about is the windows, which don't have any screen's in them to alow the room to air out. Definately a hotel worth staying at for the money!

Room Tip: If you require a little more space, the option for the "bigger room" with the desk and in...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2012

Thank you for your opinion which we value very much. My staff and I strive to give you the best customer service in Jacksonville. Unfortunately the windows can not be opened all the way out and is not equipped with a screen. That is a very good obsvervation.

The superior business king is a good room for any business traveller as it has a microfridge and an in room coffee maker. Please let us know when you can visit us again and I will give you an upgrade with the same rate as a double room.

Please email me with next arrival and mention the upgrade room.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

clean and excellent service also accommedating. This hotel work well with my schedule and the times that I arrive. The check in process was always smooth and quick. I would recommend to others.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your great response. My staff and I are so glad that your stay had been good and had accomodated you right away on your arrival. We strive to make it better all the time.

We would like to see you again in the near future.

Please do not hesitate to email me should you need anything.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

this is a very reasonable place to stay ,price is right ,clean and good location would say again

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TREEWACKER
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you in our hotel. Your review is very important to us. Feedback like yours make us strive more to have a clean, comfortable and affordable hotel.

I will share this review to my staff. We look forward in having you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Let me start off by saying that this Inn is pet friendly, and that I had my dog with me on this trip. They didn't charge a pet fee, which was great. The grounds were fairly clean, the only animal waste I noticed was in the far back along the fence where not so responsible owners allow their dogs to go without picking up after them. The air conditioning unit could use a cleaning because I did notice animal fur/dander on the inside, but not an excessive amount. I never heard any other animals even though I did see one or two others.

The room itself was very nice and very clean, with the only the corners in need of a bit more cleaning which is fairly typical of any chain that isn't considered a luxury. The bed was a bit off of the frame so I didn't feel great in the morning, which is my only complaint (I didn't realize it until I woke up with a bit of a backache). The bed itself was a comfortable bed, though and had I realized the issue beforehand, they may have fixed it. It's just something the staff could keep an eye on in the future. The bathroom was nice and clean.

The desk attendant was very nice and the customer service was great. Other guests were generally friendly which helps with a pleasant experience. Overall, I would definitely say this is a great choice, especially since the price is extremely low and reasonable. I paid $49 total and got a huge room with a microwave and fridge. If I pass through the area again and have to stay, I will definitely consider this place again.

Room Tip: If you don't have a pet, specifically request a room that is not used for pets just to be on the...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Thank you for your great review. We appreciate that you found time in giving us your feedback.

We are happy that you were able to travel with your pet . I will work with my housekeepers to work more in detailing the room. In regards to the beds, I am looking forward to purchase comfortable beds in the near future.

We will look forward in welcoming you and your family again in your next trip.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

I recently visited Jacksonville for a long weekend and decided to stay at this Red Roof. I am a fan of Red Roof Inns, and this one seemed to get steady reviews.
Check-in was quick and easy. We had 2 dogs with us, and I am glad they can stay for free. We received a room on the 1st floor on the back side of the hotel.
The room was clean and very quiet. No noise from the highway or other rooms.
Service was great. The rooms was serviced well, and front desk service was always great.
The pool was closed for the winter.
This hotel is very convenient to I-95, and many fast food restaurants. We could make it anywhere in Jacksonville within minutes. I felt safe and did not worry about my car.
I will be staying here on my next trip to Jacksonville!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
LenoirJacksonville, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2012

I would like to thank you for giving us a good review. Our goal is to always excel in customer service and deliver clean and comfortable rooms. The pool is not closed on winter. It was probably locked at the time you were walking yourdog. The time of operation is from 09:00am to 21:00H. We apologize for the slight glitch in opening the pool.

Please let us know in your next trip about your last room and mention your pet that you will take along with you so that we could make it as your special request. TIna and I normally make it a point to block the end rooms so that your dog could go for a walk by the pool area.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

I had to stay twice at is property due to an awful family emergency. Thanks to this hotel and all its staff, it made this tragic event as good as it could be under the circumstances. The housekeeping staff was outstanding, Check-in on both visits was a breeze because very efficient and friendly front desk staff. I can't say enough as far as complimenting this property is concerned. I would also like to add a special 'Thank You' to the manager of this hotel, Josephine Myers for her empathy, kindness as well as graciousness extended to me in a very difficult time in my life. -- My compliments to her and the entire staff ... again, thank you.

Room Tip: Outstanding value for a major hotel chain !!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
LenoirJacksonville, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2012

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind remarks and to assure you that we will continue to deliver excellent customer service and clean rooms. I hope that you feel better in the coming days. We will be looking forward for your next stay.

Please email me at jmyers@redroof.com on your next arrival

Reviewed January 31, 2012

While the price and location was good - I thought that the hotel seemed very mediocre. We stopped here on our way south for a cruise. We arrived late and the front desk lady was very nice. We got a first floor room. Upon inspection, it smelled a little musty, the carpet could have been vacuumed better, and there was definitely a little dog hair on one of the beds. We thought the mattresses were a little thin too and uncomfortable.

We knew that there was no breakfast but even going to WalMart took a bit too long as it was 10 minute one way drive away. There is a McDonalds across the street.

Our stay was mediocre at best and we decided that you get what you pay for. The low price meant lower quality accomodations than we liked. This property was not for us.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
LenoirJacksonville, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Thank you for your review. We know that there are other hotels in the area and we truly appreciate that you had chosen us. I am so glad that my desk clerk, Kim, had immediately dealt with your concern about your room. We pride ourselves in giving good customer service and if we apologize if we had fallen short in one area.

We would love you to come back and try our inn again. We promise to make it right.