“Nice location, could use a good cleaning” 3 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Jacksonville

SpringHill Suites Jacksonville
Ranked #74 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice location, could use a good cleaning”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is a typical Springhill Suites. The rooms have a nice layout. Front desk employees were nice and quick with check in. The problem I had was after spending time in my room I noticed the bottoms of my white socks were black. The carpet was absolutely filthy. Black dirt traffic patterns through the room. Great management at great hotels see these things. Average hotels miss them and that is why they are average. Clean the place and I would go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your response and review. I apologize for the property not meeting your expectations. This property is not a newer property and is up for a refresh this year. I am, however, happy to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful. We do have a top notch staff at the hotel. Please keep us in mind for your future travels since we will be getting that "updated modern look" soon. Again, thank you for your comments as we cannot improve without them.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We have stayed at this Marriott property several times and enjoy it's convenient location and good value. The hotel is close to Town Center which offers great shopping and dining. The beaches are a short 20 minute drive and Jacksonville's neighborhoods are also an easy commute. Our accommodations were always clean and the breakfast is OK. Above all, the staff is warm and friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and response. We appreciate that you are a loyal guest and I hope you will come back again soon. We take pride in our hotel and our staff is top notch. Just liek your comments our location is outstanding as well with. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel is in need of some upgrades. My room smelled like smoke when I walked in. The bathroom wallpaper was peeling and the overall decor was very dated. I usually stay at Springhill Suites because of their modern decor. I should have looked into this one a little further. I was very unimpressed with the rooms. However, the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I stay here over thirty nights a year for business travel. Love the location. Restaurants galore. Movie theatre. All in walking distance. Hotel is clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Twenty minutes to the beach.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and response. We appreciate that you are a loyal guest and that you keep coming back. We take pride in our hotel and our staff is top notch. Like your comment, the location is outstanding as well. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I like staying at the SpringHill Suites for work and vacation. The only issue with an infant is that the rooms are not true suites so there is no door. The breakfast is better than most hotels of this type.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I apologize that we did not make it clear in regards to the room set-up. However, I am so glad that you had a positive stay. We do have an extensive breakfast and I am happy you got to enjoy it. We are enhancing the breakfast within the next couple of months, so I hope you will come stay again and check it out. Again, thank you for the kinds words and nice review.
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I am sorry to hear the previous 2 reviewers had questionable experiences but all I can say is that we had the very best experience. The staff was great, the property was lovely, and I found everything up to the usual high standards of a Marriott. The only way I noticed there was any age on anything was the last morning I saw the colored dots on the bathroom sink faucet for hot and cold were a bit faded. I loved the little extras like the paper plates and the plastic ware available in the microwave, the free 24oz bottled water and the microwave popcorn left in the room for us. Also there was free fresh fruit available for the taking in the lobby and the dining area which was a welcome treat. We even had nice interactions with the groundkeeper! Area is very busy, but has most everything. Various eating establishments in easy access walking or a short drive.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your review of the property. I am so happy that you had a great experience and you were willing to share it on Trip Advisor. We take pride in the hotel and try to make every guest feel like this is a home away from home while traveling. I am glad that the staff took care of you and you found everything you needed in the area. Again, thank you for your positive review and I hope to see you again in the future.
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I asked for a room that didnt have any chemical deodorizers used prior to arrival, but the room i walked into smelled horribly of carpet and air deodorizers. Then i was put in another room which at first was fine but then as i walked to bathroom i noticed an overwhelming smell of mold. Staff couldnt locate a air purifier until next day, so when i returned after work, the purifier was in room, but guess what it was broken. Nice staff but rooms need updating. oh and carpet was nasty sticky. Staff put a little goodie basket in my room for my troubles, but that didnt solve the mildew smell and yucky carpet. Wouldnt stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
I wanted to take a moment and apologize for the trouble you had at the hotel. I understand that sometimes the chemical smells can be overwhelming, and the mildew smell is even worse. I am glad you felt like the staff was nice and I am glad they gave you a gift basket, but you are right it doesnt' make up for the opportunities you had. The hotel is not the newest hotel but we do pride ourselves on being the friendliest. So I am glad they at least tried. I am very sorry that you would not stay here again, but we are due for a property refresh and I hope once this happens you will give us another try.