“Great Experience - Great Value”

Super 8 Jacksonville Orange Park
Ranked #94 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Experience - Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this Super 8 for 2 weeks on our vacation and couldn't have been more pleased. The staff and service were exceptional! Such a great value that I recommended it to my brothers family for their up coming FL vacation

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed here for two nights, the hotel is older but the owners are working on some upgrades. My room was comfortable and the price was very fair. It was close to lots of shopping and restaurants. A good value.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank vmm1963
Moody, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed at this Super 8 taking a cheap approach while searching for a rental home. I booked through Orbitz and got a great rate. Now I know why. I booked 3 nights and stayed 1. I checked out and went to a Hilton Garden Inn (amazing place!). I paid more for the 1 night at the Hilton than all 3 nights at the Super 8 but it was worth it. I stayed at the Super 8 room 106. The AC was broken (set it to 60 and never got below 88). The headboard fell off the wall. The bed lights both were broken. Extension cords everywhere (super fire hazard - I am notifying the Fire Inspector in Clay County). The TV remote didn't exist and neither did the customer service. The night clerk who checked the room after we complained used witty comments to try and avoid the embarrassment he obviously felt. The morning clerk didn't ask why we were checking out. (Apparently this must happen often). He just said his manager would have to handle the check out and he wasn't there yet (Mark). We left. I contacted Orbitz and was able to get 2 day refund but the hotel wasn't going to do anything. They planned the check out for the natural check out day. Very underhanded and seedy. We also found a condom in the night stand when looking for the TV remote. Fortunately it was still wrapped or we'd have checked out THAT NIGHT. We were tired having spent the entire day driving and didn't feel like going anywhere else. If I were Wyndham I would pull the franchise for this owner. The advertisement does not stand true to the actual experience or condition. It cost me $200 for one night stay at the Hilton with a whirlpool tub in the room but it was worth it and the least I could do to make it up to my wife who had to also suffer through a sleepless night and a sore back at the Super 8. I'd rate this hotel a negative number if the rating scale would let me. It isn't even a 1 star hotel. DO yourself a favor - STAY AWAY - AVOID - STAY AWAY!. In fact, I'd stay away from ALL Wyndham hotels because they are all low economy class hotels now - one experience has killed it for Best Western; Howard Johnson; etc. Where has hospitality gone? It sure hasn't gone to Youngerman Circle East Super 8 in Jacksonville! I hope this review will help someone else avoid the hardships I faced!

Room Tip: stay away. That's the best tip I can offer