“Super 8 Review - Orange park”

Super 8 Jacksonville Orange Park
Ranked #92 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

At first glance (after driving for 17hrs). I though sweet this is going to be a decent hotel. I checked the lobby they had a waffle maker and everything.

I went to work got off around midnight on a Sunday and go to heat something up in the microwave. I looked around my tiny little room. What the Hell no microwave? So I take my heat up meal to use the one in the lobby. The manager has one foot out the front door smoking a cigg. He wouldn't even let me in to heat up my meal. I get irritated and walk across the parking lot to Dennys. ( the dennys is a stones throw away) to get some food. Before I could get to the dennys I was approched by a large black man (who looked like he was tweaking out on crack rock) asking for money.
The next day I started to realize the side of the hotel by the dennys must be the side that put people who are staying for weeks. I saw a girl come out of a room. She was wearing spandex type pants that say hustler across her butt with the bottom of her cheeks hanging out each side. I am not a rocket scientist, but that was a prostitute In my opinion.
This place is terrible and I would not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012
Burlington, Kentucky
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We've stayed at this property multiple times over the past year and a half and everything is going downhill FAST. First time we were there the room was fairly nice. The second trip about 4 months later things were somewhat different. Each time we've used this motel the price of the room has gone up and we use the same exact room each time. This time we checked in, went to our room expecting to find it pretty much in the same condition as the last time we'd stayed. This time there was "something" on the rug. Possibly mud or something similar that had dried in small chunks. Something that a good vacuuming would have gotten up. I also found other debris on the floor. The refrigerator was unplugged and when you opened it it had a foul odor. I needed the refrigerator so I plugged it back in hoping that the odor would leave when it cooled back down. The next morning when we decided to find a different motel the refrigerator was still not cooling.

The motel offers a free continental breakfast. My traveling companion is handicapped and prefers to eat his breakfast in the room when traveling. Imagine having a refrigerator in your room and going to the breakfast area to get food only to be told that management doesn't want people taking food into the room! When I told him about the person traveling with me I was allowed to take the food to the room. I also let him know the refrigerator wasn't working and his response was that he'd let management know and they'd check into it.

When I'm paying for a room I expect everything in the room to work whether I use it or not. We spent the next hour or so looking for another motel/hotel in the area for our next trip but decided to move after finding another motel across the street with much better staff and accommodations for only a slightly higher cost. Maybe the management of the Super 8 should think about paying their employees the country's legal standard instead of trying to get rich overnight. Better service, clean rooms with working appliances, etc. bring the customers back instead of driving them to the competition.

We travel to this area at least once a year usually twice a year to visit family and we will NEVER stay in this motel again!

Room Tip: Stay away from this particular Super 8. They don't care about their employees which shows with t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2011

FIRST COAST NEWS, ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- It was not a super night at the Super 8 in Orange Park for two guests Saturday night.

"I was tired, so I went straight to bed," said Shavonne Bellamy.

Bellamy wasn't asleep for long. By early morning she discovered she wasn't alone in her bed.

"I woke up...around six to something crawling on me," said Bellamy.

A pullback of the the sheets revealed several "somethings" crawling on sheets and pillows.

"It's really horrifying," said Bellamy.

Bellamy's shock was enough to wake up her friend Rochelle Perry in the other bed.

"And there were bedbugs and red bugs, like, everywhere," said Perry.

The women contacted the front desk, but they say no one ever came to check out the problem. In fact, they weren't even offered another room for the rest of the morning. They said they were told they'd have to contact management on Monday.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Langley
s12117, Manager at Super 8 Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Dear Guest, Please know that we take mentions of bed bugs very seriously. This is a common problem in public buildings in the US.
We have regular, professional pest control inspections and treatment, in addition all our housekeeping staff has been trained to inspect all rooms daily and notify management in case a problem should come up.
We will address and correct it immediately.
Please visit us again when you are in Jacksonville, we look forward to seeing you
Cape Coral, Florida, USA
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Stayed and paid for 2 nights and was very sorry! Loud, obxious guests and constant noise. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone...the exact opposite. Do not stay here. Day shift desk clerk, Manny, is very nice and does a great job on the property, but the other crew members are horrible. Bottom line they don't care.

Room Tip: Ck out room before paying.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2011

The customer service here is AWFUL. Never returning. Roaches crawling up the walls, flat pillows, stained sheets, and absolutely HORRIBLE service. I came here by myself with a broken hand and I was refused extra pillows, it took them two days to fix my television, HBO doesn't work like advertised, they're stingy with the free breakfast, and everyone there is just plain rude. If you must have a hotel room, try the La Quinta next door.

• Stayed May 2011
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed at this motel July 2 - 6. There were several issues during the stay. I can excuse the dampness due to the humidity and the bugs. This is Florida, afterall. What I can't excuse are those things which could have been improved upon. When the room was cleanned, items were not replaced or replaced with a different item. A used bar of soap was thrown out, but none left. We started hiding it. A used water glass was thrown out and not replaced. Decaf coffee was replaced with regular. The continental breakfast needs more than juice, cold cereal and make your own waffles. How about muffins or fresh fruit? The worse problem was the noise. It was constant, with parties lasting long into the early morning. Yelled comments such as, "I'm going to kill that f****** b****!" The occational sound of broken glass from a thrown bottle. We saw someone purposly throw a bottle into the street. We were reluctant to report it fearing retaliation. However, upon checkout, the desk clerk made the mistake of asking how our stay was. When I mentioned the partying, he said, "It's 4th of July. Everyone parties on the 4th." I might even have accepted it if it was just the 4th, but what about the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th? I brought up the thrown bottles, and he said he was unaware of that. Which leads me to believe he was well aware of the noise. Whereas the clerk upon checkin was informative and helpfull, this one was rude never offering so much as an appology. I would definetely NOT stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Quality Inn
Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Orange Park
Days Inn Orange Park/Jacksonville
Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville

Been to Super 8 Jacksonville Orange Park? Share your experiences!