4,445 results
All reviews rooftop pool river view florida theater self park parking garage nice hotel johns river hotel restaurant across the river football game downtown area under construction fitness center enjoyed my stay conference landing valet
Selected filters
Reviewed May 30, 2007

Think twice before staying at this hotel. The name will fool you.
There was no Hot water during our stay, the food in the restaraunt was burnt and unappetizing. The service was slow and the servers could barely understand english.
Additionally they charge to park at their hotel.
The rooms are basic with no refrigerator or microwave.
Housekeeping made their rounds at 0830 a.m.

Date of stay: May 2007
2  Thank daharmas
Reviewed May 16, 2007

I attended a conference at this hotel in late March 2007. During my stay, there seemed to be five or six other events being held - this was a seriously busy place! I was mostly okay with that, but my traveling companion found it chaotic.

What Was Wonderful: the conference and exhibit area, my super-comfy room with a view of the river, ease of parking in connected garage, proximity to restaurants and free concerts at the nearby Jacksonville Landing, concierge service (they have these nice little pre-made slips of written directions to the beaches and other popular destinations), toiletries that smell like ginger

What Could Have Been Better: room cleaning service was slow and not that detail-oriented; one of the groups meeting at the hotel was some organization of older teenagers and they were unchaperoned - hotel staff just looked the other way at their disruptive and inappropriate (sometimes lewd) behaviors

Ended Up Really Annoyed That: wireless internet access is indeed free, but I arrived assuming that meant in my room. That's not the case! They have a cafe in the lobby where you can access the internet, but it is anything but quiet or private - everyone can see what you're working on, noise levels were high, and every 15 minutes or so a waiter stops by to ask if you'd like to order snacks or a drink. Ugh! Very hard to get work done in that environment. In-room access was pricey, so you have to decide which way you want to pay.

Date of stay: March 2007
2  Thank BlueSuitcase
Reviewed May 7, 2007

Really nice hotel. Great fitness center - lots of treadmills. Nice pool with a fantastic rooftop location. The beds were incredibly comfortable. The rooms were really clean. Internet is not free - which I find ridiculous for a place like this. Close to lots of good restaurants (within walking distance). Beautiful waterfront location. I really enjoyed my stay and would go again in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: April 2007
2  Thank Honest2Goodness
Reviewed May 5, 2007

My husband and I stayed here two nights December 23 and 24. We booked this hotel using AAA's website and got our breakfast included with our price. Our room a king, was river front with a wonderful view. You can open the windows to allow fresh air in. The room had a desk and chair and was quite spacious. The bathroom was also large and the linens were plush and fresh. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows. The breakfast buffet was great with waitstaff. We had to get our food ourselves but the coffee was replenished quickly by our attendant. I asked for some biscuits that weren't covered with the gravy and sausage and our attendant brought them out right away. They served eggs, bacon and other assorted items.

We had dinner both nights in the sports pub because we were there to attend the Jaguars vs Patriots game and wanted the atmosphere. We didn't visit the other restaurants or the pool. It was noisy because the hotel was full of guests in for the game. Take notice of the NFL schedule if you don't want to hear the fans.

You can park yourself in the garage for $12.00 per day or pay extra for the Valet. There is no free highspeed internet access in the rooms you can pay extra though if you want it. We did access the internet for free in the sports bar and lounge areas.

The hotel is within walking distance to Altell Stadium so we walked to and from the stadium for the game. It is also within walking distance to the Landing but we didn't have time to visit there. We would stay there again in the future.

Date of stay: May 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank akasha523
Reviewed April 19, 2007

Visitied the Hyatt for just short of a week to attend a business convention.

I initially was worried when I was unable to get a "River view" room, but the "City view" one they gave me actually commanded a *better* view. It was on the west side of the hotel, looking out at the Modis building across the way, also looking out over the Main St. bridge and some of the river. Very impressive and more interesting than the view straight across the river to the bland hotel on the other side that stares blankly back. Also had a floor-to-ceiling window that opened alowing you to peer out over the railing to the street below.
(I'll try to post some pix to the site later).

Room was generously sized with two Queen beds and a big bathroom, plus an extra washbasin, a wardrobe with iron, coffee making machine and work desk. Only notable omissions were a safe (although I understand they have safety-deposit boxes at reception) and a minibar.
The TV had basic cable with on-demand movies, etc.

Service I had at the Hyatt was excellent. Room was clean and tidy. The food at the three restaurants in the hotel was good, if not exceptional. A small shop in the lobby was handy for sundries and snacks. There is a roof-top pool as well and they supplement the weekdays-only laundry serevice by having a coin-operated laundromat in the annexe.

Room had air-conditioning too, which was essential in the Florida heat. Down the hall there were Drink and Ice machines.

If you do visit Jacksonville I receommend you have use of a car. More so than many cities, this is one where if you have no wheels you cannot travel. The public transport in the area did not seem to go anywhere of interest. Within walking distance you have the Florida Theater pretty much on your doorstep, and the waterfront parade itself that is a pleasant walk (It has a very modest little shopping center that has little of interest).
Other attractions are all more than 30 mins walk away, so get a car to expore further afield.

Anyway, the Hyatt itself I would happily recommend. The sunset view I had from my room will certainly stay in my memory.

Date of stay: April 2007