I have stayed at this property several times, and each time there is something else that just doesn't sit well with me. This trip there were several things that finally broke the camel's back. Perhaps as a business traveler that spends several nights a week away from home I am a little picky. But these things...well, you decide.
To begin with, I tried to purchase something in the gift shop using a room charge. However, the gift shop staff needs to verify that you are really a hotel guest so they caIl the front desk. The problem...nobody would answer the phone, and there was nobody up there. After five minutes of trying, we gave up.
Next, I placed a wake-up call for 7:30 am as I was up until 2:00 am working. 6:00 am the phone rings with my wake-up call. What? I explain to the woman calling that she has the wrong room, and that my wake-up call is for 7:30 am. Her response "ok...I'll call you back then." No apology...nothing. If that were not enough, at 8:15 am sharp, housekeeping was banging on my door ready to clean.
Finally, breakfast. It was at least on time, but the person who prepared the plate obviously didn't bother to look at the fruit before putting it on the plate. It was not fresh, and certainly nothing I would serve a guest, much less eat myself.
The hotel is clean, and the staff is friendly. Their rates are reasonable and the location is outstanding. However, the service has been continually getting worse as they appear to be cutting costs to stay afloat in this economy. Regretfully, I will have to take my business to another hotel, because things are not improving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the essence of the lifestyle and landscape of the real Florida at our Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront hotel. Set along the St. Johns River within the heart of the city’s business, entertainment and sports districts, our outstanding downtown Jacksonville hotel is adjacent to the Jacksonville Landing, a hotspot for dining & entertainment, and within minutes of famous white sand beaches, championship golf courses, EverBank Field, water sports, museums and arts venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel Jacksonville
- Hyatt Jacksonville Riverfront