“Will never stay there again...”

Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
Ranked #10 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa, Florida
“Will never stay there again...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2009

I have stayed at this property several times, and each time there is something else that just doesn't sit well with me. This trip there were several things that finally broke the camel's back. Perhaps as a business traveler that spends several nights a week away from home I am a little picky. But these things...well, you decide.

To begin with, I tried to purchase something in the gift shop using a room charge. However, the gift shop staff needs to verify that you are really a hotel guest so they caIl the front desk. The problem...nobody would answer the phone, and there was nobody up there. After five minutes of trying, we gave up.

Next, I placed a wake-up call for 7:30 am as I was up until 2:00 am working. 6:00 am the phone rings with my wake-up call. What? I explain to the woman calling that she has the wrong room, and that my wake-up call is for 7:30 am. Her response "ok...I'll call you back then." No apology...nothing. If that were not enough, at 8:15 am sharp, housekeeping was banging on my door ready to clean.

Finally, breakfast. It was at least on time, but the person who prepared the plate obviously didn't bother to look at the fruit before putting it on the plate. It was not fresh, and certainly nothing I would serve a guest, much less eat myself.

The hotel is clean, and the staff is friendly. Their rates are reasonable and the location is outstanding. However, the service has been continually getting worse as they appear to be cutting costs to stay afloat in this economy. Regretfully, I will have to take my business to another hotel, because things are not improving.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
HyattMgr9, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, September 29, 2009
The management of the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville would like to thank you for sharing information on your recent stay.
Our team continually strives for opportunities to make improvements and your important feedback is way for us to focus on specific areas of the hotel.
We sincerely hope that you will give our hotel another try, if you wish to discuss any of your concerns, please contact us directly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2009

for me personally, trust is a very big issue. when i travel, i usually go back to the same places if i have a good experience. when traveling in groups, knowing what to expect makes my job much easier.
if i find a property where everything good is predictable time after time, i trust every experience from then on will be the same. i have stayed here several times, usually for 5-6 nights, over the last 3 years and i will do so. the rooms are always, always clean. the front desk staff, is always professional and in addition, their individual personalities make any contact enjoyable. in a supervisory capacity, michael continues to shine and always greets me with a smile as if from an old friend. housekeeping, even with some language barriers, are friendly and accomodating. bottom line, this property earns my trust every time i go there. time after time after time. no, i am not on their payroll!!! this property is that good. try it. they will earn your trust, too.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank idriveyousafely
Chesapeake, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2009

I stayed at the Jacksonville Riverfront Hyatt with my wife and son on Aug. 19-21, 2009. We went to Jacksonville to tour Jacksonville University. The hotel is awesome. I paid $66.00 per night by booking on hotwire.com. The hotel is right on the St. Johns River. Plenty of places to eat close by. The hotel food is extremely expensive, $7.00 for a bowl of oatmeal or grits. There is an Einstein Brothers Bagel Shop behind the hotel which is resonable for breakfast. Nice pool. The Tampa Bay Buccanners checked in on the 20th so we got to see some of the team members. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank mxh202
HyattMgr9, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, September 14, 2009
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville. We are happy that you were able to enjoy our riverfront location and amenities. The management team will also take your pricing comments into consideration.
Please come see us again in the near future.
Jacksonville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2009

First with the good: I was very pleased with the physical facilities. The room was nice, but not as nice as I would expect for a 4-star hotel. The pool and exercise room (on the top floor) were excellent with a glorious view.

Lastly the negative: They nickel and dime the guest for all the things that I think should be free. Parking for $15 per night. Local phone calls $1.15 per call; there was not documentation of this charge in the room. A bottle of water in the room $4.00. Internet in the room around $10 (don't remember exactly since I didn't purchase it).

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank WolfDaddy
HyattMgr9, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, August 27, 2009
Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront.
We are pleased that you enjoyed view from our pool and gym.
We appreciate your feedback regarding some of your pricing concerns, these will be shared with the the management of the hotel for consideration.
Barcelona, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

Room is ok, if at the front view are nice.
Area is not nice at all, specially at night.
No wi-fi in the rooms, only wired internet and not free!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank jpmaffeo
HyattMgr9, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, August 17, 2009
Thank you for your comments regarding the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville. Your feedback is an invaluable tool to which we intend to share with our management team for future consideration.
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt while in Jacksonville to see the Kenny Chesney concert. This is actually the second time we've stayed here. The hotel is huge! But, for such a big hotel, they handle crowds very well.
The room was immaculate. We had a lovely view overlooking the river. The bathroom is spacious and well-decorated. The bed was extremely comfortable.
We paid about $124 for the room, along with breakfast for the two of us. What a bargain! Breakfast was delicious too.
My only complaint comes when we were checking out. I walked up to the front desk to what appeared to be an available receptionist. Without a greeting, she looks up at me, points and says "the line is over there." But there was no line! I have little tolerance for rude service people.
But, overall, this is a fantastic hotel, and I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kg30345
It is a pleasure for us to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville for the recent Kenny Chesney concert.
We are very proud of our comfortable rooms and one of a kind river view location.

In addition, we appreciate your feedback regarding your check out experience, rest assured the management team takes customer satisfaction seriously and will immediately address your comments.

We welcome you back to our hotel in the near future!
Waycross, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

I was traveling alone with three kids to see Kenny Chesney; my dad had surprised us with the trip, and he had selected the hotel. Parking was excellent--convenient and safe ($15 a day self-parking). Rooms had a lovely river view; movies were available on demand; eight elevators ensured no waiting; hotel gift shop was well-stocked with snack and breakfast items. Roof-top pool was clean and well-stocked with towels (something that is usually never true at any hotel these days). Everything was clean and well-lit. Bob helped us get a cab to the concert; we got back in under 10 minutes afterwards. I have stayed at the Omni before when attending a concert, but this will be my choice from now on--

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for your outstanding review of the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville.
We take great pride in our authentic hospitality and are honored by your comments.
On behalf of the entire team at the hotel, please come see us again soon.