“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We had occasion to stay at the Hyatt on the River for two nights. My wife & I were lucky enough to obtain an upper floor (floor 16; $19 upcharge per night) since the view along and across the river was super. The center slider in our room opened which allowed us to let in the breeze from the river – quite pleasant.

While our room did not have a refer, it was spacious, clean and QUIET - a request of ours. The hotel was very busy with a Shriner Convention, yet we still for the hotel to be very amenable to our needs. The Shriners provided some entertainment in the form of a parade on Saturday morning. Nice diversion.

The hotel is located next door to The Landing, which we visited two evenings in a row. Shops, restaurants and entertainment on Friday night; what more could you ask for?

The gift shop seemed to have fluctuating hours and could not relied upon for drinks and snacks when needed. It is separate from the hotel ownership and does not easily accept a room key as payment. The vending machines were also finicky by rejecting valid credit cards, were out of product or located on odd numbered floors.

We visited the roof-top pool (Floor 19) two mornings in a row and found the pool water quite pleasant, the padded lounge chairs comfortable and the facility not crowded. There is also a phone to order “room service” if needed, since the vending machines there seem to only offer health drinks and health foods (the exercise room is next door). They provide the towels.
We had purchased the Bed-N-Breakfast package and really enjoyed the buffet and omelet station in Trellises, the in-house café. Sort of a different approach, you are provided with an invoice at the end of your meal, but it doesn’t appear on your room bill.

We enjoyed out stay very much and plan on returning in the future.

Room Tip: Floors 16-18 are quieter
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattJax225, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Greetings richA2608,

Thank you for taking the time to share you recent experience with us. We truly appreciate your detailed review outlining all aspects of our property. We are so glad you and your wife enjoyed our Bed & Breakfast Package, as well as, other hotel amenities. We look forward to seeing you on your next Stay-cation.

Quality Assurance Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Very convinent downtown location. Walking distance to major events. Hotel staff excellent very accommodating. During 4th of July event hotel had an outdoor balcony reserved for guest with full bar and buffet. Absolutely wonderful.

Room Tip: Waterfront a must. Corner suites preferred if available they have private balconies.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank rwt1344
HyattJax225, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Greetings Flex4U2C,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this outstanding review. We are so pleased you stayed with us during 4th of July weekend. We truly appreciate your kind words in regards to our property and River Deck Party. See you next time you are in Downtown Jacksonville.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Well where do I begin on telling you how much of a wonderful experience I had this past weekend at the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront! I checked in late Friday night around 11PM and was fretted by the very courteous valet staff! Walked in this gorgeous lobby and headed to the registration desk! Now normally I check in at the Platinum members desk but there was no line so I proceeded with the regular line where I was warmly greeted by an employee by the name of Priscilla! I have to take the time to give this young lady MAJOR kudos and handclaps because she delivered some of the best customer service I've experienced at a Hyatt property! Originally I booked a two queen bed but we had a last minute friend who tagged along and we were upgraded to a suite however with this being a riverfront property I would need to have that wonderful view on a high floor, long story short Priscilla went above and beyond recognizing my Platinum member status and she made it happen!! Not only was I granted a high floor (18th) but I was able to get a two bed with an extra bed WITH a view! If I'm ever in Jacksonville again I wouldn't stay anywhere else but here!! Thank you Priscilla :-D

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
HyattJax225, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Greetings BugattiBoi88,

Thank you for your incredible review in regards to your recent stay. We are so glad our staff wowed you from the second you arrived on property. We appreciate your kind words specifically regarding valet and our front desk agent Priscilla. Thank you again for sharing your positive experience with us, and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in Downtown Jacksonville.

Battle Ground, WA USA
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My wife and I stayed here June 27-28. Nice hotel lobby. Good views of the river and bridge and my wife enjoyed spotting and watching dolphins in the river, a nice surprise. Bed and room were fine, but... I felt nickel and dimed to death. The internet was something like $14.95 per day, unless you signed up for one of their promotions then it was much less. The valet parking was additional to the per-day parking. There certainly was no complimentary breakfast. Oh no. There was no microwave or fridge in the room. The room was on the smallish side. Our bathroom seemed small. I had the overpriced Saturday buffet, but service at least while I was there was very spotty and I had to ask 4 times before someone brought some coffee. I was underawed by the buffet. All in all, I don't like staying at hotels that charge for internet and parking on top of already high room prices with ordinary rooms, so i won't be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Shelby B, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Greetings Philip S,

Thank you for taking your time to share your stay with us at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We are so glad you and your wife enjoyed the view of the St. Johns River from your guestroom and had the chance to spot dolphins! Thank you for your feedback regarding certain amenities at our hotel. We appreciate your comments in order to improve the overall experience for our guests.

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I stayed at this Hotel for a convention that I attended during July 2014. The staff was nice and the lobby is kept up great, but it all ends there. My room was old and smelly there were stains on the carpet, chairs, and furniture. The bathroom was pretty well maintained but everything else was past due of a update. I picked this Hotel because of the high rating that usual come from the Hyatt Hotels, but I was greatly disappointed with this Hyatt. I appreciated that we were close to the convention and dinning so that is a plus when staying here. Also, there are many places to eat right in the Hotel and you can choose a great view of the River if you would like.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Greetings and001p,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel property and location, as well as, our dining options within the hotel. Thank you for your feedback in regards to your room. We truly appreciate your comments in order to improve our departments. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Downtown Jacksonville.

Jasper, Florida
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Nice place to stay. Stayed here twice while going to concerts at The Florida Theater. I don't know why the rate is more on Wednesday then Thursday thru Friday, but still a great place on the river and 3 blocks from the theater. We will be staying again!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings wayne1961,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We truly appreciate your positive feedback and comments about our hotel and location on the riverwalk. We look forward to seeing you next time you are here for a concert or other event in Downtown Jacksonville.

Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed August 8, 2014

My hubbie suprised me with a Trip to Jacksonville.
He had Everything planned out.
He chose this Hotel.
I loved, loved this hotel.
It had such a lovely view of the bridge at nite.
And I also loved the staff and Jacksonville.
So here I am again about to book this hotel
and go back to jacksonville again.
I really enjoyed myself here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings AKiyia,

Thank you for sharing your story of your surprise vacation. We appreciate your positive feedback and comments in regards to our property, staff, and city. We look forward to seeing you again soon for another stay-cation.