We had occasion to stay at the Hyatt on the River for two nights. My wife & I were lucky enough to obtain an upper floor (floor 16; $19 upcharge per night) since the view along and across the river was super. The center slider in our room opened which allowed us to let in the breeze from the river – quite pleasant.
While our room did not have a refer, it was spacious, clean and QUIET - a request of ours. The hotel was very busy with a Shriner Convention, yet we still for the hotel to be very amenable to our needs. The Shriners provided some entertainment in the form of a parade on Saturday morning. Nice diversion.
The hotel is located next door to The Landing, which we visited two evenings in a row. Shops, restaurants and entertainment on Friday night; what more could you ask for?
The gift shop seemed to have fluctuating hours and could not relied upon for drinks and snacks when needed. It is separate from the hotel ownership and does not easily accept a room key as payment. The vending machines were also finicky by rejecting valid credit cards, were out of product or located on odd numbered floors.
We visited the roof-top pool (Floor 19) two mornings in a row and found the pool water quite pleasant, the padded lounge chairs comfortable and the facility not crowded. There is also a phone to order “room service” if needed, since the vending machines there seem to only offer health drinks and health foods (the exercise room is next door). They provide the towels.
We had purchased the Bed-N-Breakfast package and really enjoyed the buffet and omelet station in Trellises, the in-house café. Sort of a different approach, you are provided with an invoice at the end of your meal, but it doesn’t appear on your room bill.
We enjoyed out stay very much and plan on returning in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the essence of the lifestyle and landscape of the real Florida at our Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront hotel. Set along the St. Johns River within the heart of the city’s business, entertainment and sports districts, our outstanding downtown Jacksonville hotel is adjacent to the Jacksonville Landing, a hotspot for dining & entertainment, and within minutes of famous white sand beaches, championship golf courses, EverBank Field, water sports, museums and arts venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel Jacksonville
- Hyatt Jacksonville Riverfront