Well, the family and I wanted to go to the USA v Nigeria game so I called American Express Platinum Concierge Service to get the tickets and room for Saturday night, they booked this hotel as it was the closest to Everbank Field where the game was being played. Well we arrived around 4pm and the place was a madhouse, we went to check-in and were told ok if we have any rooms, huh? I informed the clerk the I had reservation made through the AmEx Platinum Concierge, upon looking a little harder she apologized and said they're overwhelmed with people without reservations needing rooms, well ok I get it.
The room was clean and the view was nice. As it was getting late we went to the game. When we came back the madhouse continued so we tried to order some food and were told at least 45-60 minutes, so we just got the buffet, which was very good. As thing started to settle down I went to the concierge desk to inquire about a personal request for flowers for my wife and was informed all taken care of, and sure enough, it was! I had a little conversation with him and he stated that both teams and all their staff were staying here and the hotel was being flooded with fans, good to see this. The room was clean and quiet and the bed was comfortable and I would stay again!
Couple of items:
The did the best they could for the amount of people flooding the hotel looking for food/drinks (the bar was over run), autographs, pictures, etc. but as you can imagine this was part of the overall World Cup experience. I would think however, since they have an NFL team they would be used to it but I was informed upon check out they had more than twice the amount of people than rooms! So ok.
They should have been running a shuttle for game goers.
Staff should have been a little more prepared, especially the kitchen and bar.
Rating is tough here because of the shear quantity of people, so remember they did the best they could given this.
But overall a good experience and I would go again,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the essence of the lifestyle and landscape of the real Florida at our Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront hotel. Set along the St. Johns River within the heart of the city’s business, entertainment and sports districts, our outstanding downtown Jacksonville hotel is adjacent to the Jacksonville Landing, a hotspot for dining & entertainment, and within minutes of famous white sand beaches, championship golf courses, EverBank Field, water sports, museums and arts venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel Jacksonville
- Hyatt Jacksonville Riverfront